Why is my amp going into PROTECT

SLIPKANOT
10+ year member

I got 2 Alpine Type Rs (Dual 4 Ohm). I got em wired down to one ohm. my meter confirms that its one ohm. My 500 watt Memphis Mono is one ohm stable also. When Im listening it will randomly go into protect. i dont believe the wires are shorting anywhere. my only thought is that my voltage is dropping too low at certain frequencies. any suggestions will greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Im not sure what the model number is. its an older Power Reference Amp. i got it for 30 bucks. the guy thought it was blown but it was not and i got a steal

Im hitting like 11 usually when its really slamming. i think the minimum on the amp is 10
I suggest turning your gain down slightly. At the very least keep your voltage above the 12.0v mark. Anything below that and you really start running the risk of breaking something

The amp just started doing this now that im down to one ohm. i rewired from my amp to my subs and now its not doing it anymore. i believe where the wire connects to the terminal on the box was shorting sometimes. Also my wiring is 4 guage all the way to my amp from the battery. my ground wire is very short and is also 4 guage. I have a capacitor which is frowned upon by some but it helps alot for me.

I am on my stock Alt. but it seems to be doing fine. In week i am upgrading to a 2000 watt Hifonics amp. its one ohm stable and its pretty nice. ive seen it in action and its a great match for my type Rs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.