Why does everyone bash JL for their prices?

MOAR aint u the grammer police ur slippin bro step ur game up
MOAR.jpg

right cuz i really car to make sure i dot all me i's and cross all my t's for you guys....im here to get a point across not a PHUCKN spellin B LMAO!!! how u like that 4 purposely misspelling LMAO!!! you guys are rediculous lol this is about car audio not an english class smart guy
Rofl, never said it was a spelling bee, nor an english class you fucktard. Dumb asses like you fail at life if you can't understand why proper grammar and spelling are important in order to not come off as a stupid piece of shit.

Woah, woah, woah!! This thread has been derailed. Back to topic. J and L are the only two letters that I would put together to spell excellence.

You wanna see overpriced? 18" Warden Series - SSA STORE
Or go pay top dollar for the same XBL^2 sub thats been repackaged 20 different times.
Simple. Because they've never seen the high end cable market //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You wanna pay that much for a 1000rms sub, or for a 2500ems sub?
What does power handling have anything to do with what something should cost?

My buddy has 2 w6s and he thinks its the best system ever invented...lol
The W6v2s are on my short list of all-time favorite subs, for any price.

I only paid $90 for a pair of 10w3v2s a couple of years ago. Had I paid MSRP for them, I would have been another JL Audio basher (and I was for a while)! My main complaint against them was they really ****** sealed in JL Audio's recommended enclosure space.

OTOH, I really like my 13w6v2 loaded Stealthbox for the 2006 Mustang GT, although priced high in 2008. It plays relatively flat and was not really all that much more than the "better than JL Audio" for less alternatives out there. One custom shop wanted to charge me $1,000 for an unfinished and unloaded fiberglass subwoofer enclosure custom made for my vehicle PLUS the price of a sub. Another custom shop wanted to charge me $350 to build a pair of ported enclosures to make it easier to get them in and out of the trunk. The last custom shop I went to wanted to sell me some prefab, drop-in, package and I just walked out.

What did I learn from all this? I learned that I needed to buy some tools, and I did! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I also learned that I liked the 13w6v2 sealed compared to my cousin's 13w7 that I tried in my car ported. Although the w7 was louder, it was not nearly as flat.

As for JL Audio, sure it is priced high, but it is far from the "junk" that some of the bashers tend to make it out to be!

Why do people give a **** about the SQ of a woofer? When it's only playing frequencies below 80 Hz, from in the rear of a car, how much different is it going to sound than any other decent quality sub?

My sub is just a few feet from my ears (single cab truck) and it sounds fine to me...I worry more about my highs than giving a **** about how my sub sounds. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif:fyi:

why do people give a **** about the sq of a woofer? When it's only playing frequencies below 80 hz, from in the rear of a car, how much different is it going to sound than any other decent quality sub?
My sub is just a few feet from my ears (single cab truck) and it sounds fine to me...i worry more about my highs than giving a **** about how my sub sounds. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif:fyi:
very good i totaly agree

Why do people give a **** about the SQ of a woofer? When it's only playing frequencies below 80 Hz, from in the rear of a car, how much different is it going to sound than any other decent quality sub?
My sub is just a few feet from my ears (single cab truck) and it sounds fine to me...I worry more about my highs than giving a **** about how my sub sounds. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif:fyi:
thats because you arent a SQ guy as many others have said if you dont care much about SQ then JL Audio probably wont do it for you

thats because you arent a SQ guy as many others have said if you dont care much about SQ then JL Audio probably wont do it for you
I'm not an SQ guy, and I will admit that affects my judgement. I have never heard any JL Audio equipment, but would like to, so see if that would influence how I feel on the matter.

My new build is four RE RE 12's, which are much more of an SQ woofer than my AQ SDC2.510. I'm going for loud ultimately, but I'm looking forward to seeing the difference in a woofer designed to be loud than to one that supposedly has good sound quality.

Obviously, you have absolutely no experience in the 12v audio world. What a stupid question.

I'm not an SQ guy, and I will admit that affects my judgement. I have never heard any JL Audio equipment, but would like to, so see if that would influence how I feel on the matter.
My new build is four RE RE 12's, which are much more of an SQ woofer than my AQ SDC2.510. I'm going for loud ultimately, but I'm looking forward to seeing the difference in a woofer designed to be loud than to one that supposedly has good sound quality.
i got 2 10'' jl audio subs in a custom ported box they are about 3 years old but still work great. Powered by a 300W crossfire amp and it hits hard enough to shake the **** out of my mirror and get people lookin. Not bad for seeing as how each sub is getting a max of 150 watts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.