Why do people hate Sony

b.jpg

d.jpg

f.jpg
Do want. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I like my sony deck. It "almost" has the functions like my old pioneer deck back in 97. Phase control, freq settings, time align, ...ect. Sony has 60% of what I used to have. but I really dont have $500+ to go out and buy the perfect deck right now. I havent dealt with oldschool Sony amps, just the shitty xplode junk. They are truely junk. I have heard the sony explose amps and subs. They can sound decent with ALOT of tweeking. but they dont impress me at all. Doesnt surprise me that they had good stuf way back when. most good stuff is still from way back when...

https://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xvg8f

I personally, dont care much for the Sony Xploid stuff. I bought a pair of 5.25" 3 or 4 way speakers to use in a pair of custom center channle spaeker boxes about 3 years ago. they sounded great with a pair of 3.25 1 way speakers on each box. Couldnt handle much though, regardless of the fact they were on the center channles of my home built, fully custom home system. mind you, I always had it very loud so they were keeping up with 2 pairs of 6x9s, 4 10" subs and another pair of 5.25s with 2 pre-amps running most of it. I have a friend who has 2 12" xploids hooked up to a huge kicker amp in a ported box. I dont think they sounded all that great although he loves them. they got loud and all, but as far as hitting those chest thumping, vision bluring notes, my single 12" MTX had him. I dont know all the details of his system or how he has it all set up so IDK if it just needed tuning or what. I think the biggest reason I dont like them though, would be how proud they are of there sony stuff. IMO its over priced and under rated. there "1200" watt 2/1 amp, is rated at a whimpy 125 RMS. There 600 watt 4 channle would be good for running 6x9s and 6.5's so I wouldnt mind having one for that purpose.

My first couple headunits were sony and i never had any problems and they sounded ok for the price. super easy to use too. I have an old mobile es unit and it sounds awesome as balls. Im sure there are a bunch of guys on here wondering if ill sell it.

I also use their 20 dollar 6x9s for budget installs, they put out tons of midbass for the price.

The ones I had were the 12" 1300watt black cones, and they were decent enough. They were rated at 340 something rms IIRC. (34* cant remm. last digit). They did sound ugly once they reached their xmax. Right at around 700 watts rms to the pair in a sealed is def a starter setup but it sounded nice for what it was.

My first couple headunits were sony and i never had any problems and they sounded ok for the price. super easy to use too. I have an old mobile es unit and it sounds awesome as balls. Im sure there are a bunch of guys on here wondering if ill sell it. I also use their 20 dollar 6x9s for budget installs, they put out tons of midbass for the price.
lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.