Why do people hate Sony

I ran Sony back in the day. Had a Sony CDXA10 cd changer (also doubled as the head unit which could be mounted on your rear view mirror). Sony CDX seperates for the doors, and two 8" Bazookas behind the seat. Proton 222 amps for the highs and a Orion 2125 SX for the Bazookas. **** jammed!

Even had a neon sign that said "SONY" in purple in my rear window, take a look :

7444840001_large.jpg

circa 1991

of course its childs play to what I have now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

edit : jesus christ ive been in car audio way too long //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I havent used Sony subwoofers, but I have used and owned a Sony deck. It was nice but like after a year or so it started messing up. So I dont think their quality is very good. Compared to the Clarion deck I have, the Sony jus ****** pretty bad. And no I dont like Sony. Id get a Pioneer before a Sony, anyday.

being new to car audio, I was told not to go near sony lol, so I followed that for a while, then I got curious after hearing there older stuff before xplod was good, so I ended up getting a Sony XM 754HX 4-channel off of craigslist to power my mids and tweets, clean as hell

being new to car audio, I was told not to go near sony lol, so I followed that for a while, then I got curious after hearing there older stuff before xplod was good, so I ended up getting a Sony XM 754HX 4-channel off of craigslist to power my mids and tweets, clean as hell
Total sleeper. Easily one of the most under-appreciated amplifiers.

We install sony cd players on virtually all the boats we build at work(I work for a pontoon boat manufacturer). I never used to like sony at all but I can say without a doubt that their decks are solid. For as many as we use we rarely see any of them come back in for warranty issues and this is with people blatantly abusing the equipment(most of the time due to ignorance) in a marine environment. They don't sound half bad either and I like some of the features that even the entry level models have for use with an mp3 player. As far as subs I had one of the tens (xplode pentagon) a long time ago for about 12 hours. I hooked it up and tried to give it a chance but when you turned it up the sound started to get ugly very fast. When the sub would just get to moving a decent amount it would sound so bad I couldn't stand to listen to it. I returned the sub that day because I wasn't sure if it was defective (which I doubt) or if it just sounded terrible. Never touched a sony sub since although I have a friend who has been abusing the hell out of an xplode twelve for years and it still sounds and works fine to him anyways.Not worth it to me when I know for the same price better sound could be found although those new xplodes with the woven cone look kinda nice minus the xplode logo.

I agree that Sony had made some pretty good Class A and A/B amps back in the day, now I'm not really impressed. Part of the reason is the type of equipment most of us on here are used to... A TC2+ sounds good but isn't loud enough for most on here(it is for me but MOST on the board... NO).. it will outperform the top end Sony sub and can be had for less.. so.. to me... the sub that you posted may perform fine(I have actually heard them and they arnt bad but...) however, it is a fail due to cost vs performance, stigma of the name, and ridiculous shape

Consensus- Sony makes SOME decent stuff but the stuff that is decent then costs enough that you can get better performance for less $$$$.. + There is nothing about any of there products that differentiates them in any way.. and being in the industry for so long they should have the ability to innovate and create products that give someone a reason to buy and should not receive a "pat on the back" for making 1 or 2 or 3 things that arn't junk.. when the rest of it is PURE UNADULTERATED GARBAGE

My dad has a 2000 Dodge Durango and he bought all sony stuff for it back then, Sony coaxials - They ****....The Sony amps he has (red and gray striped 1st series xplod?) - are pretty nice actually....Sony HU - ****** and died (although they did have some nice decks. Don't remember model number but the phantom face one that slid out with the gray dual display was really nice)....Sony sub - *****.

Pretty much what has been said, some of their older gear is nice but I would never run any of their newer stuff. I was very close to buying the new double din they came out with and was going to run it with a bit-one but it had horrible reviews so I went with the W205/H701 combo instead.

your an idiot stop making threads like this whens there is probably a thousand already on sony xplods learn2search dipshit.

Plus if the search function worked a little better IF there actually was a thread like this it was not found. I went through the first 5 pages, if its not there the search function is either useless or the thread does not exist.

Here is an idea, go **** yourself. Don't like the thread? Don't read it.

I at first ran XS-L120B5D, than I put them in storage while using my friends dual W4s while he left for an extended time. They of course did sound better than the Sonys. Than he returned and I gave them back. My Sonys have been hitting hard and clean for about 2 years now.

This is the 4 channel I was referring to earlier. Same circuit design as the XM-2000R shown above, just downsized. The sound is just unbelievable. I would feel confident putting it up against some of the best in the world.

b.jpg

d.jpg

f.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.