Why did you get into car audio

I only paid 300 for the car, thing was a hot rod. The audios were in her when I bought her dude.
1984 coulda got a 73-74 nova with removable hardtop with 4 jensens and keystone rims for $1400 when I was 16 dad said it was too much................ omg........ every time I see a nova I tear up a little., of course back then we'd never woulda guessed just a set of wheels and tires would cost $2000, man it was pretty..

How do you turn Car speakers to home audio? I got some Crescendo Ultra Neos & a RF p3 12 sitting around

Build a bookshelf speaker, you'll need to buy some inline crossover capcitors or any spare passive crossovers and pair it with a tweeter and build the enclosure, seal off the tweeter, you can also try to port the box as well, you'll need a lot less port area and a lot higher tuning than how you would design ported boxes. tune around 45hz for speakers that can play low and 60hz-80hz for PA speakers like yours. Power them off HT reciever power. You can run them full range but you'll miss some top end sparkle.

For your p3 12, i'd do a 1/4 transmission line box with a plate amp. 200-300 watts should be plenty. I would not do ported or sealed. You want super efficiency for your box design. Its either T lines or Horns.

https://www.parts-express.com/cat/subwoofer-plate-amplifiers/332

If you want it more affordable apexjr is pretty awesome, the KRK v12 amp is bad@ss for a cheap price.

http://www.apexjr.com/amps.html

How do you turn Car speakers to home audio? I got some Crescendo Ultra Neos & a RF p3 12 sitting around
The gear itself is just about the same.

No difference with subwoofers.

The speakers are made for IB(car audio) and enclosed(home audio) but home audio can be used IB sometimes.

And car audio are more durable for moisture.

The gear itself is just about the same. No difference with subwoofers.

The speakers are made for IB(car audio) and enclosed(home audio) but home audio can be used IB sometimes.

And car audio are more durable for moisture.
big diff with subs. Their FS is usually in the low 20s to high teens. In a T line or folded/tapped horn box its a huge difference tuned to FS vs a car audio sub with a low 30s to 40hz fs due to suspension etc...

Car audio speakers are usually much higher sensitivity than home speakers as well in the medium to low budget range.

big diff with subs. Their FS is usually in the low 20s to high teens. In a T line or folded/tapped horn box its a huge difference tuned to FS vs a car audio speaker with a low 30s fs.
Car audio speakers are usually much higher sensitivity than home speakers as well in the medium to low budget range.
It's not. A lot use the Daytons in a car and many use car audio branded in a HT.

Arc blacks/NVX X is a SB home sub.

You just have to give them more airspace.

Many also use Scans in both. Subs and speakers.

It's not. A lot use the Daytons in a car and many use car audio branded in a HT. Arc blacks/NVX X is a SB home sub.

You just have to give them more airspace.

Many also use Scans in both. Subs and speakers.
not talking about regular ported. Talking about a super flat response wide bandwidth T line thats tuned to exact FS of the sub. 20hz vs 32hz is a gigantic difference.

not talking about regular ported. Talking about a super flat response wide bandwidth T line thats tuned to exact FS of the sub. 20hz vs 32hz is a gigantic difference.
I was talking about big sealed or IB.

Think about the power of a typical plate amp. Now think about having way softer suspension. That lowers FS. But we got some power these days. JLs fathom is over 2k.

I was talking about big sealed or IB. Think about the power of a typical plate amp. Now think about having way softer suspension. That lowers FS. But we got some power these days. JLs fathom is over 2k.
I clearly stated T line or Horn. Sealed and IB is super inefficient for a loud HT setup. Sealed never impressed me and IB needs serious room treatment and modification to even remotely sound good and needs a lot of power and cone area to even match a small ported setup. While a T line gets both output, and very very flat deep response for several octaves. Heard some daytons in a T line play from 14hz rolling off smoothly to 120hz

My dad was in the car audio scene here in NW Florida and the surrounding areas from something like 2003 til 2007. Him and my uncle both ended up leaving the scene because of the drama, the excessive price (holding the record for 4th loudest vehicle in the world wasn't cheap - who knew? lmao), and the fact that someone blew the termlab up when they wired the back outlet at the Applebee's wrong and overloaded everything they plugged into it. I remember the trips to some of the events - Pensacola, PCB, etc. I always loved the cars and whatnot and I demo'd a lot of them (with earbuds in - I was still a kid at the time) and I fell in love with the bass. I got my car about two years ago - a 96 explorer - and my dad got me a single 12 and a little amp to go with it for Christmas this past year. Just recently upgraded to 2 12's on a Hifonics Zeus Elite and I love the bass even more than when I was a child. Unfortunately the car audio scene in my area is nonexistent once my dad and his friends quit. Nearest events are over 250 miles away (south Louisiana, Jacksonville, etc).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.