why are these always forgoten?

I think the largest "subjective" part about it is 90% of these people haven't heard what good sounds like.
true this... I have heard what I thought was good, but there are so many variables involved besides "dropping a couple of subs in a box" with the front stage. It is sad when someone comes here looking for a budget system and you get flamed for recommending a JBL GTO 4 ch and some cheap Quart comps for the front, and then suggest they bridge 3&4 to the sub...you know, just trying to suggest a decent foundation to work from.. lol...I just shake my head.

theres too much subjectivity in what sounds good for anyone to say something sounds good to anyone but themselves. i have personally owned HAT, ID, Focal, Morel and some low end Rainbows. they all sounded ok, but as far as what you get for what you pay, i suggest hat's to people all the time simply for value, not necessarily that they sound better.

I see plenty of people dropping 2k on a sub stage but then spend $100 on the frontstage. Doing it backward./\

Plenty of people running a huge sub-stage and stock fronts.

Compare the point of diminishing marginal return on subs and fronts after you pass about 400$ range. Think of say 400$ worth of subs vs. 2000$ worth of subs, now compare a good 400$ component set and a 3000$ component set, which will be more dramatic?

I'd also wager the sort of person that has 2-3 grand tied up in subs probably won't be able to hear the fronts at all over them or their ears are ringing constantly and they can't tell the difference anyway.

DIYMA is the place where people pay 600$ per tweeter anyway.

I see plenty of people dropping 2k on a sub stage but then spend $100 on the frontstage. Doing it backward.
I have never understood this, and I feel the same way as you.

I myself like having a system that is not fatiguing, & part of this is having a good set of speakers. I have been very happy with my Profi's. Very good detail and very smooth sounding tweeter. I've had them for quite some time now. A nice thing is that they came with a five year warranty. Even nicer is that I've never had to use it.

I have seen people buy speakers because of cost. I undertand cost is a very important factor to consider, but as you stated, some people drop a lot more into the substage. Many of these individuals end up switching out these speakers due to not being happy with them. Often several times. I tell my friends to get what they really want (within reason). If at the time they can't, I tell them to try to wait till they can.

I have never understood this, and I feel the same way as you.
I myself like having a system that is not fatiguing, & part of this is having a good set of speakers. I have been very happy with my Profi's. Very good detail and very smooth sounding tweeter. I've had them for quite some time now. A nice thing is that they came with a five year warranty. Even nicer is that I've never had to use it.

I have seen people buy speakers because of cost. I undertand cost is a very important factor to consider, but as you stated, some people drop a lot more into the substage. Many of these individuals end up switching out these speakers due to not being happy with them. Often several times. I tell my friends to get what they really want (within reason). If at the time they can't, I tell them to try to wait till they can.
It must be because sq people listen to music because they like it, not because it has bass in it.

not exactly, the hat's are good for entry level. They wouldn't hold a candle compared to my Morels.

It must be because sq people listen to music because they like it, not because it has bass in it. not exactly, the hat's are good for entry level. They wouldn't hold a candle compared to my Morels.
Sorry, Haven't logged in since that post. But what Morels are you refering to? The Tempos or Maximos? I've had the Maximo's and really liked them. Nice clarity but didn't like that they didn't come with flush mounts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.