6.5 mid and tweeter question

Spldecendant
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ny
So I just bough 4 6.5 mid speakers and 4 tweeters and the guy I got it of says I don't need crossovers and that u can use bass blockers on the tweeters is he right the amp I'm running them in is a onyx 125.4

you need crossovers. a single "bass blocker" cap needs to be so small and crossover at such a high frequency that you rely on the woofers for treble - which, depending on placement and response, can be problematic.

tell us more about the speakers. there are thousands of 6.5" woofers out there - we need specifics, make/model of both woofer and tweeter, pics are nice too.

There oxygen audio 6.5's and there o2 tweeters also kinda similar to the ones tech force has but mine have the bullet in the middle

Bad idea. If the tweeters are not tamed enough, they will sound harsh and fatiguing. If you got component sets complete with passive crossovers, then use the crossovers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.