whoever CAN design good boxes look please!

Onebadsrt
10+ year member

okay guys, so i ask alot of ?s but ive got some done now im getting to harder stuff. ive decided the exact shape of my box and have all the set dimensions for the height.width, and back of the box, but i need someone with box building skill to help me figure out the depth i need on the corners, as well as the center of the box to make the box equal about 6.5-6.7 cubic feet if neone can help me it will be so greatly appreciated. heres a sketch of what i have so far

boxbuild.jpg

once i get this issue resolved the only thing i need to design is the port. what tuning do you think would be the best for 3 12 in ported drivers in a everyday listening enviorment? 32hz-35hz???

n like i said there is no measurement for the depth anywhere because it is adjustable to whatever i need to help me reach about 6.5-6.7 cubic ft up to 26in deep on the corners, but hopefully i wont need it that deep. Thanks again!

what kind of car is this going in? personally i think thats a wasted idea for the front and it'll just be better to keep the subs all on the same plane.

give some more info and we'll see if we can figure something out, car subs etc

its goin in a srt8 jeep and im doin the front like that because i want it to look good and im mounting the amp under in front of the center section.

as for the subs they will be 3 kicker cvx 12s powered by a kicker vx1500.1

its goin in a srt8 jeep and im doin the front like that because i want it to look good and im mounting the amp under in front of the center section.
as for the subs they will be 3 kicker cvx 12s powered by a kicker vx1500.1
personally, instead of doing that design setting them back, i'd just be doing sub up port back.

1. to keep it simple

2. its an suv, its proven to work.

3. i would not put the amp there, i just think it would cause problems.

so ur saying the system wouldn't sound good that shape
i know you're thinking you'll impress your friend because it looks cool:laugh:

hows this, make it function properly first, then make it look nice.

Well you guys give me some ideas. To make it more efficient. The only things I'm set on is 44in width and 18in ht.
front.jpg

srt.jpg

srtback.jpg

srtleft.jpg

srtright.jpg

srttop.jpg

everythings to spec might have to make a change or two, but providing i get some funding, i will gladly send over the dimensions.

i just dont understand y if two boxes are the same cubic ft and have the same port systme y it would sound better if the speakers were on the top or front? because i wanted to be able to stack stuff on the top of the box if needed

i just dont understand y if two boxes are the same cubic ft and have the same port systme y it would sound better if the speakers were on the top or front? because i wanted to be able to stack stuff on the top of the box if needed
because sub and port orientation does play an important part in how the subs will sound.

If the the box is built PROPERLY, there can be a tremendous difference in the way it sounds.

and considering the way you were intended on making will effectively choke off the subs, i can promise that much. you will lose output as opposed to using the amount of space you have available.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.