Who thinks RF should make an 18" sub?

IMO RF shouldn't bother to bring back a Punch model 18" at all. They won't sell well to the average CC and BB customers and wouldn't be worth it. RF 18"s should be limited to the Power line-up only. RF needs to at least do some kind of spl oriented subs like the TeamRFs to get back into the spl competitions.

i think they need to work on their existing lines before they bring out something else only a hand full of people are going to buy just because they look cool

lol
I would like to see the low wage BB and CC "installers" try to make a box to fit one since I doubt either chain would want to carry pre-made boxes to fit an 18".
True... but in the unlikely event that they carry an 18" RF sub, you can almost bet they'll carry an 18" prefab box for them.

IMO RF shouldn't bother to bring back a Punch model 18" at all. They won't sell well to the average CC and BB customers and wouldn't be worth it. RF 18"s should be limited to the Power line-up only. RF needs to at least do some kind of spl oriented subs like the TeamRFs to get back into the spl competitions.
you want them to go back to tc sounds to have them built, like they did with the team rf? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Keep in mind that when you venture of the internet to the masses, companies like Fi hold no traction. Average customers are more likely to buy a name they have heard of like RF over a name they havent. There is a reason why companies like MTX still will continue to outsell the internet darlings, even when put together in smaller independant shops. Name sells and compound that with the point that there is generally better incentives for sales guys to sell the big company stuff whether it be dollars paid or contest incentives or whatever, I think that RF could make an 18 and make it profitable for them. I also believe that they could easily retail it at a tag price of 700-800 dollars a piece and so long as the sales guys are getting their cut than they could move the product. Dont forget that the people who are on internet boards singing the praises of the smaller comanies that DO make superior products generally at better pricing are far out numbered by those that like names, dont know a ton but have some money and can be sold on the brand name by any decent sales guy.

and consider these internet companies are building their product more for the competitor and not the average guy wanting some extra bass in the trunk..

Just a cynical statement.

I haven't ever been impressed by a RF sub. Well at least the newer ones. High price tag and horrid performance. The Punch subs are just pitiful. They sound sloppy, IMO and hardly get loud. The Power subs are nicer, but I'd never pay half of what they want for them.

And by now, I wouldn't care if LA and MBQ gave up. They're like old dogs that need to be put down. They had their day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.