Who all services their own vehicles?

minor stuff i do like oil changes, plug and wires, air filters, wipers, but other than that i take it to the shop. i am about to change my rearend fluid and put a new exhaust on sometime in the next 2 months.

Frams are pretty crappy.

I read some test and they scored quite low.

Mobil 1 for teh win !

I prefer doing my self unless its something i really dont want to do.

maintenance and repair i've always done unless i really couldnt (lack of proper tools or space at the time) but on my current car all i really do is fluids and basic stuff cuz of warranty. i had trans problems and im not gonna take care of it myself and eat the bill, so it goes in... even though i found out that dealer has multiple shitty techs

I do all of my own. including clutch and tranny replacement recently (of which i'm quite proud). Only think I don't like doing is anything reguarding sensors or the computer electronics.

I drive a 99 civic, so it's pretty easy to work on.

i work on trucks (18wheelers) and cars all day and then come home and work on mine and inlaws cars all the time. at work we have a couple comps so i get to use them any time i want to check out all my cars. so i gues you could say yes i work on my own cars

I hate to have anyone else work on my vehicles, I even fill my own blinker fluid and grease my muffler bearings.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I do whatever I can on my Passat.

Usually it's basic maintainence, oil breaks, blah blah, oh and having the VW computer Software helps too...I love being able to read and clear CEL/MIL codes w/o having to go to a dealer.

Replaced the timing belt, tensioner, and all other belts after Christmas, I was patting my self on the back for that one for like a week, lol.

It started as just a way for me to save a shitload of money...dealer wants 1100 for the TB replacement, I spent 300 on it and did it my self. Now, it's turned into a hobby, it's actually relaxing doing something that complicated...go figure.

fixing your own car is very self fufilling.....

knowing you just saved 300 on a simple brake/rotor change is more then enough........or 150 on a plug n wire change....or doing simple oil changes for $10....

getting away from the g/f - wife for a couple hours = priceless

its well worth all the effort put into it....

All my own maintenance here too, the do-able stuff.. I change my own oil, differential fluid, grease the zerks, tire rotation, performance part installs that do not require extensive welding, etc.. Paying someone to chnage your oil *****.. they use whatever oil you pay for which can be fine, Valvoline sells RP, Mobile 1, etc but then they often put some cheap fram filter on it.. useless.. Cost too much too. 30-35$ and I have mobil1 w/ filter ot 40-45$ for RP and filter.

-Lurius

Family friend owns a chain of auto repair shops, my time is too valuable to waste on fixing/ tuning up my car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I did my own struts, discs, and pads. I want to learn the basics of engine maintenance so i can take care of that too but I dont have anyone I know that is really good with cars that I wanna learn from.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.