New car give suggestions

im done with new cars their 2 hard 2 fix yourself and really expensive for someone else to fix. Also computers ****

would you rather fix this

41_3.JPG

or this

2e_3.JPG

Well, a couple years ago, I would have said the 2nd one, but I've become a lot wiser since then.

Gas prices being the way they are, newer cars are better, even with high performance cars.

Computer controlled cars are actually pretty easy to work on once you get comfortable with them, and there's nothing like going to the track, running 10's and then driving home with the air conditioning on while getting 20+ miles per gallon, which you can't do in an older car.

if neither is performance oriented i vote the newer vehicle too. its incredibly easy to do most maintenence procedures and overall drivetrain management is so much more accurate than old carburated hydro tranny stock cars

(note, im talking stock normal cars, not performance)

and i dont have 2000 dollars for them to try and fix it which probably wont. BTW were sueing ford b/c the computer that regulates the engine has gone bad 6 times now and they cost about 1100 each thats not supposed to happen. The dealership wants 400 just to test if its bad. We asked them just to try and put a new one in to see if that was the problem and they flat out refused.

I havent had any major problems with 28,000 miles of very rough driving on my Silverado. Easy to work on, plenty of free space in engine bay. I'd take a new car over an old car anyday, plug in the OBDII scanner in and know what is likely to be the problem.

-Lurius

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.