Who all has ran power wire under the car?

In my silverado I had 8 runs of 0 gauge under it, didn't use any fuses or conduit either lol.

The frame has the angles on it and I ziptied it up inside the frame rail

Never had a single problem

I've done it with zero issues...just use common sense and make sure you're not rubbing the wire anywhere, or just use split loom over the whole thing.
Running it is not the issue. Ive ran wire many times, just not under the car.. This thread was just to see how many were doing it..

the pvc pipe thing should work

i thought about running just the wire once....got to thinkin about it and decided against it but never tried the pipe

but running just wire = dumb

especially if u drive over rocks or go mudding alot?

I did it once on my 1981 chevy malibu that I had throughout high school and college in the late 80s early 90s. I ran the wire in a flex steel conduit and used some heavy duty zip ties to channel it in the frame of the car. You just want to make sure there is no way the wire can get pinched by anything or come loose because I wouldn't want to see the aftermath of it snagging on something while I am driving on the interstate....
i've done it in a 96 lumina before, but since i did it i guess i is dumb. LOL

Seems like common sense here. If you drive a rock crawler, or can lay frame, dont have the wire exposed below the frame. And always run it in conduit or heavy-duty water proof wire loom. Full framed vehicles practically beg for you to do this, just run it inside the frame rail and pop a hole in the floor where you need it to come through. You can get bulkhead fittings at your local hardware store that attach to most common flexible conduits.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.