Which would be better ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
do the 15s. you don't have a box calculator? download ultimate car audio app on android. if you see an app with a blue x then that's the right one. that app will help you with anything you need to know from wiring to building an enclosure. it can help you build a slot ported box or aero ported box. if you need help let me know. there are a couple of other basics that need to be known when constructing an enclosure

I am not sure on the subwoofer yet. I probably will go with Sundown HDS series. Right now, I have two VM Audio SRW15'S. I got them for free, and they are new. I don't know much about them. I figure, I will just use those, until they blow up, then get some Sundowns, or SoundQubeds. For amps, I am considering: Audiopipe AP1500.1D, Planet Audio AC5000.1D, Soundstream DTR3400, or MB Quart..unknown model. I am on a limited budget (isn't everyone), and don't want to spend more than $500 for an amp. I actually would like to keep the cost to around $300.00 if possible. By the way, this is going in my little Suzuki X-90 (a two seater version on a Suzuki Sidekick/Geo Tracker). The car already has four 8" three ways fowered by a Kicker 4ch amp (one 8, in each door, and two in the rear deck lid). Let me know what you think.

Thank you for the ultimate car audio app suggestion. I have found it, and downloaded it. It seems really straight forward, and easy to use. I am an electro-mechanical engineer, so no problems with the math, and such. I just really needed help with suggestions, as to what subwoofer/amp combo's, or sizes would be recommended, and what brands to go with. I obviously know about amperage, ohms, voltage/current drops, etc. However, what I am not up to date on, is what is great, good, or just plain crap, as there are a lot of choices out there, and you just can't tell by advertised specs, or some theile small specs either. Word of mouth, and user's opinions, to me, speak louder, than manufacturer's sometimes inflated specifications. As far as enclosure building goes, I have built some pretty good ones, in the past, but I always could use some tips, or advice pertaining to them. Thanks again.

these companies make some great subwoofers. cant go wrong with neither. they are: Ascendant audio, Fi, soundqubed, DD, SSA, Sundown audio, American bass, Tantric

amps: ampere audio, soundqubed, DD, sundown, b2, American bass, crescendo, I know im forgetting more. all of them make good amps

Thank you for the ultimate car audio app suggestion. I have found it, and downloaded it. It seems really straight forward, and easy to use. I am an electro-mechanical engineer, so no problems with the math, and such. I just really needed help with suggestions, as to what subwoofer/amp combo's, or sizes would be recommended, and what brands to go with. I obviously know about amperage, ohms, voltage/current drops, etc. However, what I am not up to date on, is what is great, good, or just plain crap, as there are a lot of choices out there, and you just can't tell by advertised specs, or some theile small specs either. Word of mouth, and user's opinions, to me, speak louder, than manufacturer's sometimes inflated specifications. As far as enclosure building goes, I have built some pretty good ones, in the past, but I always could use some tips, or advice pertaining to them. Thanks again.

yes, cant go wrong with neither of the amplifier brands listed. its all personal preference from there. I myself plan on running soundqubed amps, 4500s

Great, thank you....I will look into those, (after I blow up my MW Audio SRW's...lol). Does the same go for the amplifier brands?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.