Which would be better ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yes, I have 8.3 cu ft. I could not do 4 12's in a ported box, as I do not have space for that. That is why, I was saying 4 12's in a sealed box, or 2 15's ported.

Jeff, You lost me on that.....I just know that the total cubic feet of usable space that I available inside an enclosure, is 8.3 cu ft total. I actually had 9.96 ft, but I figured in the difference, using .750" MDF, which brought the space to 8.3.

Then u have about 8cubes after displacement. U could get away with running 4 12s ported. When subs are in a common chamber box u can get away with alittle less airspace. But there are lots of 12s that will do fine on 2cubes each.

Jeff, You lost me on that.....I just know that the total cubic feet of usable space that I available inside an enclosure, is 8.3 cu ft total. I actually had 9.96 ft, but I figured in the difference, using .750" MDF, which brought the space to 8.3.
Give me the max dimensions man. In depth x width x height

So, you are saying all 4 subs in the same box, would actually require less combined airspace than 4 subs each with seperate chambers would.....interesting, I did not realize that. In your opinion, on a percentage basis, how much less airspace do you think would be required, by putting them all in one shared chamber?

So, you are saying all 4 subs in the same box, would actually require less combined airspace than 4 subs each with seperate chambers would.....interesting, I did not realize that. In your opinion, on a percentage basis, how much less airspace do you think would be required, by putting them all in one shared chamber?
Download torres box calculator and know for sure.

The enclosure dimensions are: 50" wide x 20" high x 17.5" deep....I would love to download torres, however, I only have Android, no Windows.
Youll be around 7 to 7.4 cubic feet after sub and port displacement with aero ports, and even less with slot. Two 15s or triple 12s Ported. You can also do an 18 to save money.

Great! Thank you very much for all of your help. I have decided that I will go with two 15's, and aero ports. Two 15's will give me more surface area than one 18, or three 12's, and I would not have enough cubic feet for two 18's, so two 15's it is! Thanks again.

I am not sure on the subwoofer yet. I probably will go with Sundown HDS series. Right now, I have two VM Audio SRW15'S. I got them for free, and they are new. I don't know much about them. I figure, I will just use those, until they blow up, then get some Sundowns, or SoundQubeds. For amps, I am considering: Audiopipe AP1500.1D, Planet Audio AC5000.1D, Soundstream DTR3400, or MB Quart..unknown model. I am on a limited budget (isn't everyone), and don't want to spend more than $500 for an amp. I actually would like to keep the cost to around $300.00 if possible. By the way, this is going in my little Suzuki X-90 (a two seater version on a Suzuki Sidekick/Geo Tracker). The car already has four 8" three ways fowered by a Kicker 4ch amp (one 8, in each door, and two in the rear deck lid). Let me know what you think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.