which would be a better choice?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok well i might not exactly know what im talking about but i wired the sub for 2ohms and bridged the amp and it works great. I wasnt sure if i was right so i took it up to freemans and had one of my boys look at it and he said it would work after he saw the specs for both.

Ok well i might not exactly know what im talking about but i wired the sub for 2ohms and bridged the amp and it works great. I wasnt sure if i was right so i took it up to freemans and had one of my boys look at it and he said it would work after he saw the specs for both.

At least your honest

it is wired exactly the same as it was when i ran my two 12w3v2's, and those were dual 2ohm subs. I had it bridged both times and all i did was take the w3v2s out and put the w6 in.

No, you're not wrong ... I just seems odd to me ... I'd guess either your protection circuitry doesn't work as intended or you're running less than 400 watts with general use ...
My amp has never went into protection mode, well not since ive had it. And im not sure exatcly how many watts are running to it i just know its rated at 460 bridged, so i don't know whats going on?

What usually makes an amp go in to protection mode?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.