Which will be more windy

Cuznfkr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
So everyone loves those stupid windy builds that take your breath away. I’m not really aiming for that , I just want it as windy as I can with my options. So I’m rebuilding my blowthru so I have pretty much unlimited room. What will be more windy , 2 Skar EVL 18s @ 1250 rms , or 4 Skar SDR 15s @ 600rms , both of these hypotheticals will be ran on a Taramps 3k. So if I build the enclosures to spec , which will be more windy and why , thanks in advance.

The Skars will probably commit toaster bath as soon as they are loaded into an enclosure. With only 3k I would do multiple lower rms subwoofer. Cone area is king.
You really hate Skar Lmao , everytime I’ve posted them you tell me how garbage they are lol. I’m hardheaded and like learning the hard way so I’ll use a DD1 and set Gains and I’ll come back and let you know if they **** the bed. Thanks for your help by the way !

No just about everyone hates Skar. Skar is nothing but copied clones of everyone else's hard work but with cheaper components that don't end up near the quality of the subwoofer or speaker he copied. Only thing that has done decent is some of their amplifiers since those are built by the same supplier as some of the other amplifier companies out there and even then when I had the choice of a Skar 2k amplifier or someone else..I went with someone else because I refuse to give money to that sh*thead of an owner and the way he does business.

You really hate Skar Lmao , everytime I’ve posted them you tell me how garbage they are lol. I’m hardheaded and like learning the hard way so I’ll use a DD1 and set Gains and I’ll come back and let you know if they **** the bed. Thanks for your help by the way !

Yeah I don't take lightly to guys who scam members on this forum.

Exactly not too mention he did this across numerous forums in the last few years. If you look around you won't see many people running their products except their amplifiers when it comes to a car audio based forum. People have seen what that sob he has done in the past regardless of how much he tries to change how people think of him. He did the damage and now he has to deal with it with the majority of the car audio crowd. Most people that run that stuff do it because of Amazon or eBay which are known to have fake positive reviews.

It will be a cold day in hell before I buy a sub or speaker set from him. As I said his amplifiers are probably more popular because of the certified dyno tests that a couple people who have great reps did on them. Otherwise those too wouldn't be sold much at least around here. As I said I thought about it with this recent 2K mono block purchase but I kept coming back to the way he treated people and I said nope not getting my 240 dollars!

Last edited:
seeing that you are using skar with their weak inefficient motor structures, they perform like **** in small boxes, you need closer to 7.5 cubes to 8 cubes for the EVL 18s to perform per sub if you want any chance of being windy. No experience with the SDR but knowing kevin from skar audio, he most likely cheaped out on the motor structure for those too. Dont expect windy without A LOT of airspace.

I try and tell them and explain why it’s completely false but at the end of the day, they just stick **** in prefab boxes so it’s not even worth my time.

Serious question. Do people think Skar is a rebadged Sundown? I hear that so much locally it’s sickening.

Aren't Skar subs just Sundown copies made in China with cheaper parts? And, wasn't the owner of Skar former partners with the Sundown owner? If he was, then, he really fukked that guy over.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...