Which way to face sub/box/port in Jeep?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeeper2269
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have been told multiple different ways to face the sub and port in a Jeep.

the previous set up has the sub facing upward and port firing into the wall (interior wheel well in the rear cargo area)

others have said the sub should face to the rear of the vehicle (toward the tailgate)

it is placed behind the rear seat, passenger side, up against the back of the seat.

sub facing upward and port firing into the wall (interior wheel well in the rear cargo area)

I've had good luck with this in my Grand Cherokees and seen good results by other guys in regular Cherokee. I've done well with subs and port up also. I have not had great results firing subs and port to the rear. All that said, provided you don't aim things forward the difference should be inaudible anyway provided your fundamentals are sound and if you're chasing 10ths you'll still probably want to test every variation to be sure.

Is this a wrangler, if so, go for subs either downfiring or forward. If you face them up and take the top off you are just playing out into the open, lots of bass loss.

The problem with wranglers is cabin pressure and how that affects internal woofer loading (in the box). You really want to corner the port, get the port close to as many walls as possible.

The problem with wranglers is cabin pressure and how that affects internal woofer loading (in the box). You really want to corner the port, get the port close to as many walls as possible.

thar makes sense. So, maybe the corner of the back seat and rear passenger wall (wheel well)

Local friend had his 2 15's in a Wrangler in a sub up/front ported box with the port close to the floor. It works rather well surprisingly. Soft top and all its well over 140db and can be heard and felt at a good distance. It's tearing that poor jeep apart.
sBz9bJ.jpg

Its been changed up a bit now with some legit power on B2 subs. Idk if he changed the enclosure yet but the gains can be heard and felt everytime he drives past. That jeep does rather well for a soft top even with the top off.

Local friend had his 2 15's in a Wrangler in a sub up/front ported box with the port close to the floor. It works rather well surprisingly. Soft top and all its well over 140db and can be heard and felt at a good distance. It's tearing that poor jeep apart.
sBz9bJ.jpg

Its been changed up a bit now with some legit power on B2 subs. Idk if he changed the enclosure yet but the gains can be heard and felt everytime he drives past. That jeep does rather well for a soft top even with the top off.

That's a cool place for those amps, if that's where they were.

sBz9bJ.jpg

wow!! 140 dB with a soft top. That’s crazy. I will post a pic of the current enclosure, with dimensions ASAP.
The FI I have was previously in a much larger ported enclosure, in the trunk of my Lexus IS and it was a lot louder. Just saving up now.

tha
wow!! 140 dB with a soft top. That’s crazy. I will post a pic of the current enclosure, with dimensions ASAP.
The FI I have was previously in a much larger ported enclosure, in the trunk of my Lexus IS and it was a lot louder. Just saving up now.
Over 140 ez... Really close to 140 on the glass WITH the top off.

Its louder now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.