If you were to sell your SPL rig...

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Exclusive
ND
If you decided to sell your SPL-oriented vehicle, how would you go about it? Would you include stereo equipment and increase price, or would you try to try to revert it to stock? If you'd include the stereo, would you remove as much equipment as you could or leave it all? If you'd remove the stereo, would you try to hide all the evidence of the stereo?

The reason I'm asking is I have put a lot of time and money into my Explorer over the past year, but DAMN those new Broncos are sharp!! I just don't have enough space to park another vehicle. Hell, I don't have enough space for the vehicles I already own.

Feel free to add anything.

Thanks.
- Joe

There are 2 suvs for sale in stl, walled, decent equipment, been sale forever no one wants to give them what they want. I offered what I feel was a fair price for one and my plan was to gut all the equipment return the vehicle to stock best I could and sell it but we couldn't agree on a number

I don't expect to regain my investment, but is there any market for built vehicles? Teenagers with rich parents maybe?

is there any market for built vehicles?

You'll never see what you want to recoup, Personally I'd settle for whatever cash whichever of my knucklehead friends is willing to part with a ton of trades/favors on top.

Someone who likes the ride and has heard it will be willing to take a chance, maybe have plans to rebuild or something. Flip side is you'll be getting calls whenever even the water pump or starter fails and that crap gets old fast.

Even a SEMA quality build won't grab the price you think unless it's pristine and has a motivated buyer.

My .02

Somebody will buy it. You just have to decide how much you're willing to let it go for. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Only you know what is worth to you. When selling something like that I tend to give buyers options. I can remove equipment for a lower price.

Last edited:
I've thought about this because I'm about to cut a hole in my truck for a blow through... I've come to the conclusion that I'll rip out the equipment, donate the truck to kars for kids or something like that, then, if I'm not going to use the equipment in the next car, sell that separate

If you build a blowthrough, why can't you go through the glass instead of the metal?
I'd like to keep my back window so if my wife needs the truck for whatever reason, she can still drive it. She won't drive it if she can't use the rearview mirror. It's not going to be a straight SPL rig like I picture when you say SPL rig, but 4 12's is a lot to most people, more than I think I'd be able to sell with the truck. Hopefully down the road I can bump that up to 8 12's and that'll be an SPL rig in my eyes lol

Some of us have different meanings of a blow thru I guess.
I thought a blow through was box in the bed, ported into the cab. Or at least one style of blow through.... granted, I haven't been up on game as long as a lot of you guys. Just trying to learn as much as I can

I thought a blow through was box in the bed, ported into the cab. Or at least one style of blow through.... granted, I haven't been up on game as long as a lot of you guys. Just trying to learn as much as I can

Well when we do it. We go ham. cab to bed sealed. Crazy design. I like 18"s . a lot of them. There is no back glass. There's no back anything that I didn't build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.