Which Subs to buy? (PLEASE HELP)

JR007

I have an 06 GMC sierra crew cab, and I'm wanting to put a system in it. The guys at the shop said that Im pretty much limited to a JL stealth box with 10" w1's or, a custom box with 13" w5's because of the limited room behind my back seat. Its going to cost me quit a bit more to do the w5's, but my question is whether or not im going to be able get everything I pay for with the w5's since there is so little room for a box behind my rear seat. My understanding is in order to get all the bass a sub is capable of producing, the bigger the box the better. I dont want to do any modifications to my truck so the space I have is what Im going to work with. Also if I do end up going with the w5's, will I need a 500watt, 750watt, or 1000watt amp? I know the bigger the better but considering the money issue, will the 500 or 750 give me a better/louder sound than a 500 watt with 2 10" w1's in the stealth box? Thanks for the help.

Bigger box doesnt equal louder. Check out the cadence s2 line subs. 2 10s will be proper in that truck. Jl isnt the only company with a shallow mount sub though
agreed..do some homework on the net,there are so many other choices than jl,ive never liked theyre speakers or subs, but theyre amps are great,ill give them that.you may have room to do a couple down fire subs under the front seats also giving you more room to play with also

there are 4 jbl 8s for sale in classifieds here for $180,8in subs bang pretty good with your limited space,believe it or not..look at some daytons also

Ive read a lot of good things about the SI BM's. The only negative I have seen is availability. Any thoughts?
I have heard they are amazing....best of luck finding any. I have been searching for a while and if anyone is selling, a few minutes later, someone is buying.

I started a thread similar to this a few days ago about my 01 Crew Cab.

The general consensus for the small box came down to the Dayton HO, IDQ, or Sundown SD-2. I think the only one of those three that has a small enough mounting depth is the Dayton HO 10", so that's what I'm going with.

Also, buy a box at subthump.com instead of an overpriced stealthbox.

Under Seat Downfire Box

01-06 GM HD Crew Cab Dual Downfire Box

Behind Seat Box

01-06 GM HD Crew Cab Behind The Seat Sub Box

EDIT: Those are for the HD series. Regular Crew Cab boxes can be found there too.

Or even a box from here. Car Audio Factory -- Your Top Source for Subwoofer Enclosures

Cheaper and slightly larger internal volumes.

I am going to save you a bunch of money. Pay for someone to make you a custom front firing box 2 10's or 3-8's i have bought 3 prefabbed under the seat boxes and they just didnt sound right kinda thud, thud , thud instead of the enveloping bass that you want. I think alot of the energy is lost in the carpet or the subs just cant play over there full range of excursion. Pay a decent box designer and build it or have one built .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.