Bass on a budget!

Nesto1000
10+ year member

I want two 10" subwoofers that are at least 425 Watts RMS per woofer. I'm more of an SQ type of guy than SP. My budget is $150 for both including shipping. I already blew two sets of subs that were rated at 400 Watts RMS when my amp is rated at 850 Watts RMS at 2 Ohms hence why I want the 425 Watts RMS or higher subs. I know I could have lowered the gain, but oh well I can't undo that now.

Changed Budget to $200 unshipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it was a combination of a bunch of other things. I don't know why exactly my Kenwoods blew, all I know is that after I temporarily moved my box it must have messed up some wires because as soon as I put them back one immediately blew... Then I got some JVC DRVN's from a friend and those didn't last, I assume because it had a smaller magnet than the kenwoods so they couldn't take it as much even though they were rated at "400" Watts RMS. Anyways I know my stuff. I know how to set up the amp with a DMM so I'll be fine.

I prefer getting 10's to 12's because I have a Dodge Ram 1500 and getting a 12 to fit in the box is a pain if it's too big. That's what happened with my kenwoods, but they fit so I'd rather just be safe and get two 10's since they're less likely to hit the side angled wall of the box since the diameter is smaller.

What do you have dirtyunclerandy?

I'll check out the SSA dcons right now

Edit:

The ones in the sig are the first ones that I blew. Well I only blew one and it was sort of a freak accident. I still have one that works but I don't want another one. The second ones that I blew are the JVC DRVN's

i found the problem, it's a error code ID 10 T
What's your problem? I'm asking for advice, not for someone to tell me I'm an idiot. Or if you tell me I'm an idiot at least give a legit reason with some constructive criticism.

Trolls these days....

What do you have audiobaun?
i have 4 old school usa made comp audiobahn aw1008t dvc 2ohm 1000 rms 2500pk 10 in subs to be placed in seperate chambers of 2.0cuft each ported @30 hz to go in my xcab chevy, on 2 old school autotek bts 7150 @2ohms...running a pair atm on one amp...subwoofers were comp grade usa made in california, and were discontinued:santa:

not much out there for $150 shipped for a pair of dvc 2ohm subs..but, i did find a sundown 10 dvc2ohm shipped for like $108 ea.on ebay shipped, but other than that.. i saw some rf r2d2 within your budget..may have to increase your budget a bit more for a decent set of subs, as dvc2ohm are not as common as dvc 4, or look into svc 4ohm subs..thats a hard budget for the rms/type,/good subs shipped..i ll look some more..not much in classifieds on here for tens,as ive looked there also

i have 4 old school usa made comp audiobahn aw1008t dvc 2ohm 1000 rms 2500pk 10 in subs to be placed in seperate chambers of 2.0cuft each ported @30 hz to go in my xcab chevy, on 2 old school autotek bts 7150 @2ohms...running a pair atm on one amp...subwoofers were comp grade usa made in california, and were discontinued:santa:
Whoa.... 1000 Watt RMS is a bit too much for me haha but thanks anyways.

Well if I was only looking for one, it'd be fine.

Whoa.... 1000 Watt RMS is a bit too much for me haha but thanks anyways.
ooooh not for sale bro..just answering your question of what i have. ya you tube my subs up..i think a guy is running one... but im running a pair atm/2pair soon..lol..ya check the you tube out..lol..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.