which subs for this new fox acoustics ported box???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Badfastbusa
10+ year member

Wheelie addict!!!
Atoka, OK
DODGE QUAD & CREW CAB 2-12" VENTED

I have already bought this box as I was told this was the absolute best box for my truck, I am trying to figure out what subs would get the loudest in it. It has already been said that the sundown sa-12's will fit and sound great, but im wondering with the box specs would I be better off going with a different sub? Im not opossed to making some reducers and going with a different size sub either lile a sa-8 or something which may get louder due to the minimal air space etc. What do you guys think? The box should be here by friday and sundown has a dealer who has all lines of their subs on my trip home from work Saturday.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Box specs:

2-12" VENTED SUB BOXAIR VOLUME: 1.55 CUBIC FEET PER SIDE*DIVIDED

PORT/VENT TUNE FREQUENCY: 35*Hz

MAX FRAME SIZE: 13"

MOUNTING HOLE SIZE: 11.125"

MOUNTING DEPTH: 7.25"*WITH A 6.5" DIAMETER MAGNET

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd throw a couple DC level 2 12" in there, SA's would work, but that is a bit on the small side for sa's or any other 12" current model Sundown driver for that matter (ported)

SA 12's aren't going to like a foot and a half. That's pretty small. You said you don't mind making reducers so go with the SA 10 maybe? That's pretty perfect airspace for those. I think the DC's like smaller boxes which is probably why they were mentioned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.