Which sub should i go with?

1.25^3 per sub is pretty small. given only 600 rms the cvx doesnt seem like a good choice. i haven't heard a diamond d6 for myself but im currently using a type R off 600 rms and its not bad at all, 3 of them should be loud. but why sealed? 2 of those subs in a large ported box is the way to go in my opinion
actually, 1.25 is PERFECT for a CVX 12"...
listen to polecat and not me lol. although i think i was thinking ported for some reason

i ordered the two of the 12 inch 2 ohm kicker compvx's today and i can't wait til i get them. Especially because this kid at work just ordered 2 12 inch infinity kappa perfects and says that they will smash the cvx's.

i ordered the two of the 12 inch 2 ohm kicker compvx's today and i can't wait til i get them. Especially because this kid at work just ordered 2 12 inch infinity kappa perfects and says that they will smash the cvx's.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

im not so clear on the sub wiring diagram so hopefully someone can help. i have 2 of the 2 ohm dvc kicker cvx's and a power acoustik a3000db amp that says 1800 watts at 2 ohms. can i wire these to the amp using both voice coils and still using a 2 ohm load for each sub? plz help!

Umm...

Is it too late to change your subs to single 4ohm subs...

That combination will not work... unless you somehow manage to get that amp to go down to 1ohm...

You need the 4 ohms to get a 2 ohm final load on the amp. Honestly I dont know how it will work if you tried to hook it up with the 2ohmer's... probably run some really high ohm that its not stable at and make your amp really hott.

Looks like.... either get the other subs, or find yourself a new amp... sorry to say

EDIT: Sounddomain list this amp as 1 ohm stable anyways... So I guess nevermind, It should work..

All you need to do is run the positive wire off the amp to both the positives on the subs. Then run the negative from the amp to the negatives on the subs. Ta DA! And your done.

Umm...
Is it too late to change your subs to single 4ohm subs...

That combination will not work... unless you somehow manage to get that amp to go down to 1ohm...

You need the 4 ohms to get a 2 ohm final load on the amp. Honestly I dont know how it will work if you tried to hook it up with the 2ohmer's... probably run some really high ohm that its not stable at and make your amp really hott.

Looks like.... either get the other subs, or find yourself a new amp... sorry to say

EDIT: Sounddomain list this amp as 1 ohm stable anyways... So I guess nevermind, It should work..

All you need to do is run the positive wire off the amp to both the positives on the subs. Then run the negative from the amp to the negatives on the subs. Ta DA! And your done.
thanks for the help i guess ill have to turn the gain down pretty far

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.