Which sub should i go with?

v6camaro00
10+ year member

st. louis
im looking to upgrade my current system with a pair of the following three 12 inch subs. They will all be running at 2 ohms and in a sealed box that has about 1.25 cu. I will also be running 600 watts rms to each sub so hear is what i narrowed my choices down to.

1. Alpine type r 12 inch 2 ohm

2. Diamond d6 12 inch 2 ohm

3. Kicker compvx 12 inch 2 ohm.

Everyones opinions would be very helpful so everyone post plz!

cvx ftw

and you can't wire 3 of those subs to an even 2 ohm load //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

im looking to upgrade my current system with a pair of the following three 12 inch subs. They will all be running at 2 ohms and in a sealed box that has about 1.25 cu. I will also be running 600 watts rms to each sub so hear is what i narrowed my choices down to.1. Alpine type r 12 inch 2 ohm

2. Diamond d6 12 inch 2 ohm

3. Kicker compvx 12 inch 2 ohm.

Everyones opinions would be very helpful so everyone post plz!
1.25^3 per sub is pretty small. given only 600 rms the cvx doesnt seem like a good choice. i haven't heard a diamond d6 for myself but im currently using a type R off 600 rms and its not bad at all, 3 of them should be loud. but why sealed? 2 of those subs in a large ported box is the way to go in my opinion

1.25^3 per sub is pretty small. given only 600 rms the cvx doesnt seem like a good choice. i haven't heard a diamond d6 for myself but im currently using a type R off 600 rms and its not bad at all, 3 of them should be loud. but why sealed? 2 of those subs in a large ported box is the way to go in my opinion
i have a sealed box in my camaro from my previous system but if ported would make it louder then ill look into ported boxes.

good lol. whats your budget? i think youd be surprised what one 15'' with sufficient power can do in a large ported box in that hatch of yours..
yeah the guy that lives acroos the street from me has 1 15 inch l7 with some alphasonik mono amp and that sucker is so loud it sets the neighbors car alarm off thats 3 house down.

actually, 1.25 is PERFECT for a CVX 12"...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.