IDQ10 D4 v.2 better than Polk MMC2104 DVC?

Participant count
  • Participant list

skibumdc
10+ year member

I'm an SQ guy and currently have the Polk Momo MMC2104 DVC with 300 watts RMS going to it in a sealed Q-logic box. It gets loud enough for me on the wattage i feed it, but sq could be better. That may just be an imperfect seal job on the install. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I will be making a custom fiberlgass box just like THIS

Thought if I was going to upgrade the sub, this would be the time.

Don't really have a budget but would like to stay under $200.

10" is the max I want to use, and want to stay with same amp to keep costs down.

Would the IDQ be a worthwhile upgrade?

Yes, it would be an upgrade. I own some really nice SQ subs like the old PPI Pro's and some 05 xxx's, but I consider my IDQ10's as my 'reference' subs. I cannot say enough about the accuracy and versatility of the IDQ subwoofers. I sit in my truck now listening to a bass line that's subtly different than it has been on previous stereo systems Ive used and Im like "oh okay, that's how its suppose to sound". lol

I consider my IDQ10's as my 'reference' subs. I cannot say enough about the accuracy and versatility of the IDQ subwoofers.
I agree. To me, they are a notch above the w6 AE as far as sound quality but they're even more versatile and tame. It's really hard to make an IDQ sound bad. They're not very loud but if you're not really worried about that, it should be great.

I agree. To me, they are a notch above the w6 AE as far as sound quality but they're even more versatile and tame. It's really hard to make an IDQ sound bad. They're not very loud but if you're not really worried about that, it should be great.
Im actually running mine ported, and they sound better than my PPI Pro's do running sealed (that everyone raves about for old school SQ these days). They are in low tuned boxes, still sound amazing, and bump pretty decent for a pair of "SQ" tens. I hav a couple younger buddies who only care about how loud their subs get, they want IDQ's now too. Granted, their systems are in cheezy prefab boxes, but still... IDQ's have some bump in them.

I have mine ported as well and it sounds beautiful as well. It's more flat in my room ported than sealed as it's low end isn't that great sealed in a room. It gets pretty loud but a single 10" in a small sealed enclosure isn't going to be very loud. Also, when I say "not very loud" I'm comparing it to some decently loud subs as well so it's not really fair.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.