which sub is better for sq?

They are like 449. I had an IDMAX v2 and it was the best sounding sub I have ever owned. I have heard both the w6 and the idmax, and to my ears the id sounded much better. You can find them for a little cheaper than the w6 as well.
Cool, Im an ID dealer, just wanted to know what they were going for on the street. Thanks.

$450 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif :crying: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif I remeber i got mine brand new for $329 shipped. It was off a site that wasnt authorized when i bought it, but now that site is authorized and they raised the price to $500 than $450 for a sale.
I hear ya. I had a pair and one got kicked while waiting on a box to get finished and the other slid into the wall ofmy trunk one day (i know, retarded).

Would just 1 IDMAX be "loud" enough? I've read a few times on here and other places that IDMAX's doesn't have a lot of output, but they sound clean. I want to be able to "get loud" but at the same time have clean sound.

Sadly, where I live I can't test out either sub.

well I had one idmax in 2.5 cubes tuned to 30 hz and it had some **** good output. Just as loud, if not louder, than one of my avalanches were.

I had one in a 1.5 sealed, it pounded and it sounded great. Both my IDMax's are sitting in my room right now. I need to save $190 to recone them both, im just lucky i live 25 mins from ID so i dont have to pay shipping too.

C'mon peeeeeeeeeoppllleeeeee, I need some bass SOON, don't know how much more I can take driving without sounds. I can't decide which would would be best for my taste. W6 or iDMAX. Either will be going in a sealed enclosure, possibly 1.2 or a little bigger for more output. Possibly switch to a small ported enclosure down the road. Amp is JBL GTO, 787wrms @ 4ohms and 1114wrms @ 2ohms. Want something that gets loud but at the same time sounds great on the SQ side.

W6's are only dual 4ohm so therefore my only option is wiring it to the amp @ 2ohms to get 1114wrms, which is a risk when the sub is only 400wrms.

C'mon, any other opinions? What should I get? Would I need a smaller amp for just a single 12" that doesn't have a high RMS wattage?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i like w6's. they sound great. the best sounding sub i have ever heard sq wise. the output was great as well. with 1 12" sealed you should be in the 130's db wise which is nothing to sneeze at for a daily driver. low end might be a bit lacking with that small of a box though.

After hrs and hrs of debating between an FiQ 10 and an IDMax 10 I bit the bullet and purchased an IDMax 10 yesterday. Look forward to getting that bad boy up and running. Phyphoestilic thanks for your input from these 2 subs!! From the others reviews as well I don't think I'll be dissapointed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.