which sub is better for sq?

sc197
10+ year member

usa
looking for a single 12" in a sealed enclosure strictly for sq.

deciding between a jl w6v2, fi audio q, si mag

i have jbl gto1201.1 amp, 787@4ohms, 1114@2ohms

dont really need to use that amp but since i got it already, maybe it can be a good match

opions, sugesstions?

SQ out of 800 watts, the W6 would be my choice out of what you listed. I'd actually get an IDMAX though, I've heard they are amazing SQ woofers, and would do great off that power.

I own a W6V2, it is being run off of the same amount of power as you have in a 1.0 ft^3 sealed box right now and it sounds quite nice. I haven't heard either of the others you are asking for a comparison on but I have heard the entire Alpine, Kenwood, Kicker, Pioneer and Diamond Audio sub lines for the last 2 years. The W6 does a good job of holding it's own with Diamond D9's. Honestly I think it sounds about the same as the Diamond TDX I had a little while ago.

I've heard good things about IDMAX's but I haven't personally listened to one. Talk to someone who has, I think MATTMCSS owns one?

I would definitly say go to your local tweeter or another store like it and listen to a Polk Audio Sr124-DVC. Very very clean. I'm using an Alpine MRD-1005 @ 2ohms in a 1^3 box. If I built the box over again I would make it the recommended 1.2^3. I still might do that just to do it, I don't really know how much it would help.

I think I've narrowed my choices down to a w6v2, SI Mag, and the IDMAX.

Raven, thanks for the link but $500 is a little out of my price range. I CAN save up a little more and give that sub a try. Can you give me more info on it?

Anyone else care to give their opinions?

Anyone else have any opinions?

The vehicle is a '04 Saturn Ion, looking for GREAT sq that can get pretty loud (no muddy sound). The IDMAX is tempting but the w6v2 seems to be the better choice.

If I go with IDMAX's, I'll probably get 2 instead of 1. If I go with the w6, I'm only getting 1, because of the price.

My amp is a little high for either of those subs. I know I can turn the gains down, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable feeding a sub double/triple over it's recommended power. Hmm...

W6v2 vs IDMAX.

Any one else have opinions?

They are like 449. I had an IDMAX v2 and it was the best sounding sub I have ever owned. I have heard both the w6 and the idmax, and to my ears the id sounded much better. You can find them for a little cheaper than the w6 as well.

Sorry to threadjack but does anyone know the going price of a new IDMax12?
$450 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif :crying: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif I remeber i got mine brand new for $329 shipped. It was off a site that wasnt authorized when i bought it, but now that site is authorized and they raised the price to $500 than $450 for a sale.

im powering a JBLW12GTI with a jbl gto1201.1 its amazing
I don't want a JBL sub, but thanks for the opinion.

I didn't think the IDMAX was that much, if that's the case, then I'll end up getting just 1 sub then.

I think the w6 is around $300 on ebay BNIB.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.