Which speakers.

Guess I've acquired a bit of a Rockford Fosgate collection over the years 🙄
Is there a set up you could recommend. I'm wanting 4 subs 4 or 6 6.5 mids. I'm thinking I won't be able to use my old amp. I'm thinking a mono amp for subs and probably a 4 channel for mids? Any help would be appreciated. I can always go more speakers to get the wiring right lol

building a wall in my garage.
So this is sort of space is no issue speaker array you should be shopping over at PartsExpress for PA type drivers. You will need to plan around whatever impedance load your amp can safely drive and buy appropriate coils and use a crossover calculator to DIY up some crossovers or poke around in their site and see if they have any sort of ready made passive crossover for PA cabinet type build.

EDIT: We are talking about just doing one side of your garage as just a big array of speakers here or did I misread that?

You will need to plan around whatever impedance load your amp can safely drive and buy appropriate coils and use a crossover calculator to DIY up some crossovers or poke around in their site and see if they have any sort of ready made passive crossover for PA cabinet type build.
Ebay user Mavin is really good at this. He can set you up with a semi plug and play array.

So this is sort of space is no issue speaker array you should be shopping over at PartsExpress for PA type drivers. You will need to plan around whatever impedance load your amp can safely drive and buy appropriate coils and use a crossover calculator to DIY up some crossovers or poke around in their site and see if they have any sort of ready made passive crossover for PA cabinet type build.

EDIT: We are talking about just doing one side of your garage as just a big array of speakers here or did I misread that?
Yeah just a big box. I can't do anything in my car because of my kids so I want to do something in my garage.

Something like this but 4 of the same size subs?

20211123_222854.jpg

Absolutely. Do you have plans for this?

My friend built that for a little stereo shop. It's actually on wheels and completely mobile. A box for 2 - 10's, 2 - 12's, and 1 - 15" sub. All separate boxes tuned from 32 - 34 hz. Also has spots for 6-½" components, 6-½" coaxials, and a double din HU. The battery shelf is behind and under the HU. It is braced for the weight of the battery.

My friend built that for a little stereo shop. It's actually on wheels and completely mobile. A box for 2 - 10's, 2 - 12's, and 1 - 15" sub. All separate boxes tuned from 32 - 34 hz. Also has spots for 6-½" components, 6-½" coaxials, and a double din HU. The battery shelf is behind and under the HU. It is braced for the weight of the battery.
That is exactly what I'm wanting to do

I would look at running 2 sets of 3 way 6x9s. Be surprised what you can find and get at the price point. Im thinking about adding 1 pair or two pair to my test bench to handle more power. Ive been looking at the Polk Audio DB692 series.

Is there a set up you could recommend. I'm wanting 4 subs 4 or 6 6.5 mids. I'm thinking I won't be able to use my old amp. I'm thinking a mono amp for subs and probably a 4 channel for mids? Any help would be appreciated. I can always go more speakers to get the wiring right lol
I have never done a wall however I follow a couple of very knowledgeable people on YouTube. One is PS Audio. He specializes in room acoustics, amp and that kind of stuff. Look him up and search his stuff. I am pretty sure he just did a wall in his gameroom a couple months ago. A completely free air wall... using the seal of the walls themselves between the rooms as the acoustical means.

I have never done a wall however I follow a couple of very knowledgeable people on YouTube. One is PS Audio. He specializes in room acoustics, amp and that kind of stuff. Look him up and search his stuff. I am pretty sure he just did a wall in his gameroom a couple months ago. A completely free air wall... using the seal of the walls themselves between the rooms as the acoustical means.
Ok. Thx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...