Which speakers.

I am wanting to build a speaker wall in my garage.
For a wall, I would not use components. Co-axials are easier to mount and wire. Mount at ear level and voila. Components are for better imaging since highs could get muffled due to a car's interior materials and road noise. Co-axials are also cheaper. Alot of people love the Infinity/JBL speakers. Good sound and price.

It is a 2 channel, so only stable at 4 Ohms bridged.
A lot of the older amps will run @2 ohms . Ive got some old Autotek Mean Machines like the 99s, 66s and 66HC that will run 2ohms all day long that are rated @4 ohms bridged. Even my VII Cyclops is only rated @4ohms but she will run all day long @2ohms . Ive seen those RF series brake the Norm. Yet.. Better safe to run at the ohm rating running it in the garage with a lack of power for the supply Chain I guess. My Hurcules VII will run at 2ohms all day long as well

Nice. Everyone says skar is the way to go. I am wanting to build a speaker wall in my garage. Multiple subs,mids,highs all of it. Other than skar is there a budget friendly set up you would recommend? I know I will spend more than I want to but i just want to get something that will work and not spend too much. Compared to 25 years ago I'm lost. Back then there was only four subs and amps worth getting. Now I don't know where to even begin.
DS-18 is another budget friendly brand. Good speakers but they lie on their amp ratings. I will not use their amps... Mainly because I'm a spoiled 30 years Rockford Fosgate guy and Don't like being lied to....

For a wall, I would not use components. Co-axials are easier to mount and wire. Mount at ear level and voila. Components are for better imaging since highs could get muffled due to a car's interior materials and road noise. Co-axials are also cheaper. Alot of people love the Infinity/JBL speakers. Good sound and price.
Agreed! The DS-18 and Skar Audio co axials are both good. I have used both.

Can a coaxial be mounted free air?

Not too long ago I installed a pair of Skar 6x9s with a Kenwood single DIN. They sound pretty darn good for $50.
When I first started building my Sierra I bought DS-18 GenX Co-axials ro replace stock speakers.. Once I upgraded to components in the front I bought the Skar 5.25 Co-axials for my rear doors.. They sounded good but I wanted/needed more definition (25 year dounds quality guy) So I went with the component set in the rear. Now, Ihave a set of the GenX in the rear doors of the wifes car and the Skar 5.25 in my sons rear door. They all work very well and have their place.

A lot of the older amps will run @2 ohms . Ive got some old Autotek Mean Machines like the 99s, 66s and 66HC that will run 2ohms all day long that are rated @4 ohms bridged. Even my VII Cyclops is only rated @4ohms but she will run all day long @2ohms . Ive seen those RF series brake the Norm. Yet.. Better safe to run at the ohm rating running it in the garage with a lack of power for the supply Chain I guess. My Hurcules VII will run at 2ohms all day long as well
I have 2002 Punch in my electronics repair shop that I run on an old Dell desktop power unit. I have it pushing old Panasonic surround sound speakers that are 6ohm. It is run off a Bluetooth receiver and never gets cranked up real loud because my shop is small and I almost always have customers in there. It works perfectly for what I need.

I have 2002 Punch in my electronics repair shop that I run on an old Dell desktop power unit. I have it pushing old Panasonic surround sound speakers that are 6ohm. It is run off a Bluetooth receiver and never gets cranked up real loud because my shop is small and I almost always have customers in there. It works perfectly for what I need.
Guess I've acquired a bit of a Rockford Fosgate collection over the years 🙄

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...