Which Setup Would Sound better? - Zane?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mark_ab
5,000+ posts

The Alpha Male
Which setup would be for effective for SQ? I have two scenarios here.

(a) Infinity Perfect 6.1 in kick panels with an Infinity Perfect Al dome tweet mounted on dash/on door perpendicular to occupants. This is to reduce/eliminate the rainbow effect sometimes caused with kick panels (I've read). The tweet powered by the deck, with the perfects powered by a JBL P80.4 amp.

or

(b) Infinity Perfect 6.1 in kick panels with a Focal 5.25" midbass driver in the stock door panels. Likewise, a JBL P80.4 powering the components, and the midbass.

This is going in an early 90's Chev Z34. Any comments appreciated.

Also (zane), what would you recommend I do for the rear? I was thinking of another set of perfects for the rear stage, but I've seen you do not recommend this. I'm going to have a multimedia system hooked up as well, and would like a nice surround effect. Am I hoping for too much? Is it one or the other? Thanks.

Well, you asked for Zane, we didn't think we were worthy enough. Lol, I'd go with (a), I am not very fond of the idea of having 5 1/4 & the 6 1/2's (i think). I don't see much difference in the two sizes, that's all. Infinity makes very good SQ speakers, I had a pair of 4's with my last system, and a pair of 3/4 tweets. It sounded very good, clarity, loudness, all running off the deck. Some people would swear up and down I had more mid's than I did, until they got in the car, and saw that's all I was running. I think one pair of mid's is good enough, the only upgrade I could say I would go for (midbass) would be an 8" driver. My opinion is the 8's can handle the midbass freq's, much better than the 5 1/4 or 6 1/2's would. So, again I say stick with the 6.1 and the tweets.

Okay, thanks. I was leaning towards the second set of tweets. If need by, I can add a midbass driver later on, if need be. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.