which of these 2 batteries to chose

Participant count
  • Participant list

robertoyoung08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area, ca
running 2 JL HD amps. 1) 1200/1 and a 600/4

already have high output alternator and a kinetic 2400 and big 3 done, but I get some dimming still and at full tilt some voltage drop so I need a little more power near the amps im guessing.

I have $50 gift card from crutchfield that ive had for like 2 years now, so I need to spend it already. which battery to get?

XS Power XP750 Supplemental 12-volt battery for car audio and marine applications at Crutchfield.com

XS Power D680 Deep cycle 12-volt battery at Crutchfield.com

Neither of.those batteries are big enough to anount to anything in the car audio world and xs is so dam high for that money u can go to sams and get a duracell agm that is a group 34 provably the same size as the one under the hood..use that card on something else

Neither of.those batteries are big enough to anount to anything in the car audio world and xs is so dam high for that money u can go to sams and get a duracell agm that is a group 34 provably the same size as the one under the hood..use that card on something else
I already have a 2400 under the hood and DC alt that does 270 amps.

the hd amps combined do like under 200 amps of current. so I really don't need that much, just need a little extra kick to aid in the drops that cause dimming.

and I know xs is expensive, but that's all crutchfield has for batteries lol

ive had this gift card for so long, partially the same reason you mentioned, everything is so expensive (on crutchfield) that there is nothing worth buying even with the giftcard, that I couldn't purchase elsewhere and save much more. which is why it came down to these two batteries, cus theyd actually help me save about 50%

oh and lastly, size/weight. I don't have much room for a big *** battery. if I did id just get the biggest one possible and problem solved. hah

Its just a small battery the help in dimming.and voltage drop will not.be seen in my opinion..but good luck
you think adding this will have ZERO impact? i wouldnt go that far. i have a ****** little capacitor (originally bought for the distribution block that is on it), im sure it would help much more than that piece of **** at the very least.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

anymore input?

you think adding this will have ZERO impact? i wouldnt go that far. i have a ****** little capacitor (originally bought for the distribution block that is on it), im sure it would help much more than that piece of **** at the very least. 

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

anymore input?
I wouldnt say 0 impact but i couldnt justify spending.the money on it

you need something with high "ahr" output. both of those are in the 22ahr and 20ahr respectively.
im not trying to compensate for all the power in the back. i just need a little bit of power back there to help avoid small voltage drops. my car is extremely sensitive to dimming. with .5 drop it starts to dim. so i just need something to help regulate power and was hoping something small would do it.

i have 270 amp alternator. a massive kinetick 2400 up front and big 3. AND adding a huge battery in the backt almost seems like over kill to me for 1500 watts that im running. doesnt it? or am i being overly conservative?

You shouldn't need anything more them what you have. Something is setup wrong.
thats what ive thought for a couple of years now. but ive ran multiple set ups all around the same wattage. and ive always had the same issue. dimming and some voltage drop at high volume.

cant quite figure out what it is.

thats what ive thought for a couple of years now. but ive ran multiple set ups all around the same wattage. and ive always had the same issue. dimming and some voltage drop at high volume.
cant quite figure out what it is.
Clipping or bad grounds.

Clipping or bad grounds.
i have always used the exact same grounds. so could possibly be it. but ive always made sure they were nice and tight.

ill try to lower down the gain, but idk if this could be the cause. 'cus that would seem like too many amps for me me to be clipping. like ive said- ive done multiple set ups all with same effects.

i have always used the exact same grounds. so could possibly be it. but ive always made sure they were nice and tight.
ill try to lower down the gain, but idk if this could be the cause. 'cus that would seem like too many amps for me me to be clipping. like ive said- ive done multiple set ups all with same effects.
Set the gain right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.