Which is better RF INFINITY or ALPINE

Participant count
  • Participant list

ALAMO695
10+ year member

hello guys im trying to purchase some 6.5 inch speakers, i bought the Rockford fosgate T1652 rated at 75w rms but im going to be running a MB Quartz onyx 100.4 4 chan amp. anyways i could still return the speakers since i have yet to open them, and purchase another better more powerful cleaner pair.

so my questions are as follows

1.is the 4 chan amp i purchase good and delivers clean power?

2.are the Rf's clean and good?

3.should i purchase the Alpine Type-R SPR-17S rated at 110w rms (are they better over the rf's?)

4.should i purchase some infinities

5.any other brand good in my price range

**new speakers preferably from amazon but other site is ok, and price range is about 200bucks**

also i mainly listen to rap r&b spanish music and rap hiphop ect and im a bass head i

hello guys im trying to purchase some 6.5 inch speakers, i bought the Rockford fosgate T1652 rated at 75w rms but im going to be running a MB Quartz onyx 100.4 4 chan amp. anyways i could still return the speakers since i have yet to open them, and purchase another better more powerful cleaner pair.
so my questions are as follows

1.is the 4 chan amp i purchase good and delivers clean power?

2.are the Rf's clean and good?

3.should i purchase the Alpine Type-R SPR-17S rated at 110w rms (are they better over the rf's?)

4.should i purchase some infinities

5.any other brand good in my price range

**new speakers preferably from amazon but other site is ok, and price range is about 200bucks**

also i mainly listen to rap r&b spanish music and rap hiphop ect and im a bass head i

1. Its alright

2. I loved my P1694C 6x9's, but the Power series and the T series are different. They may be similar they may not be.

3. No

4. No

5. Everyone is going to recommend Crescendo and half the people that will have never heard them. Im not going to recommend them. I think they are over hyped. Id look at these:

Eclipse SC6500 Car Speaker - eBay (item 350322607607 end time Jan-23-11 22:01:15 PST)

DIAMOND AUDIO D662S 6.5" 300W Car Component Speakers D6 - eBay (item 350403183445 end time Jan-09-11 06:56:19 PST)

HERTZ ENERGY HSK 165 6.5" 2 WAY COMPONENT SPEAKERS NIB - eBay (item 160523468849 end time Jan-25-11 07:43:09 PST)

Any of those will smash the RF's, Alpines, and Infinities. My favorite are the SC6500's. The midbass is phenomenal in a deadened and sealed up door. So much so I contemplated doing away with a sub stage to save room. The tweeters are very detailed, but not harsh on most music. They can be tamed with tweeter attenuation through the crossover or through the headunit if you have EQ capabilities. (All of which I doubt you care about since all you want is loud).

thank you very much guys

whitedragon551: the t series is the power series i believe the ones u had where the punch series

i think im going to goo with the hertz, lol i dont want loud i want sql, nice detailed and a bit loud yes lol but lots a bass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.