Focal vs Image Dynamics components - Need help deciding

Carnivorous18
10+ year member

T3h G33k
I've heard many good things about the id ctx65cs. I went to a local shop today and heard them on a sound wall, they didn't have the midbass I was looking for. But i can't help but wonder if I'll see the midbass I'm looking once they're in the car.

Then I heard the Focal access a1 6.5's and it seemed to have a fuller sound with midbass, but I found out they're only 60watts rms

PROBLEM: I'll be running these components with two 12" DC xl's on 3k watts. Will the focals keep up with only 60watts? Or should I go with the ctx's since they have more midbass than I'm seeing on the sound wall? I wana buy these today before xmas hits

Ah well i'm gonna go with the CTX components. Sounds like if I deaden my doors well i'll get the midbass i'm looking for in them. And I read they can take a little more than recommended. Time to go shoppin :]

You didnt even mentioned which focal you were looking at. Also, your entire post was about the ctx..which seems you already made up your mind.

With that being said, if you were comparing the focal access series to the ctx, most people would chose the ctx on the basis that the focal tweeters are too bright.

^^^ Access line.

deadening any door will improve the midbass.

you cant go by the sound on a sounding board unless it's more like Hertz, Focal, DLS, Etc..., which designs there own sounding board for there own speakers.

Yea I mentioned it was the access line. I knew I couldn't trust a soundboard that's why I just went with the ctxs anyways cause I've heard lots of good about them esp having midbass. Here's to hoping its everything I'm looking for

Those comps are gona be screaming. Im trying to find something like 150w each, wanna get the amp before the comps arrive. I read someone say they ran 175w to them for 3 years and they ran fine but 320? I may not have any experience to base it on, but I think 150 watts per will keep up with my 2 12" xl's on 3000w. How much airspace did you give your xl's btw?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.