Which HU Has The BEST Sound

hey. this is to the thread starter. if u are still readingg your thread i was wondering if u were planning on selling the 9815 to get another deck or so? if u are i was wondering how much u wanted for it. im in the market looking to get either a 9813 or a 9815 so let me know. u can shoot me an email at eac95z28@aol.com thanks
sorry i already sold it ...

if i was this guy i would look into getting the f-1 deck with outboard processor or go to http://www.matronics.com and look up gettin a used c-90 with a xdp-4000x. get a deck that wont send a clipped signal ever
but the Alpine F-1 stereo is still a 4Volt Pre-Out unit isn't it ?? isn't quality in sound in head units measured by THD and Volt Pre-Out?

anything over 4v in my opinion is a waste unless you are dealing with a very very high noise floor. plus most of the eqs people use can be line drivers anyway ,plus if you have fiber optic out u will be dealing with DIGITAL processing over analog plus a whole slew of other factors i wouldnt agree with you at all,. i dont mean this in a way that your idea is bad but i think the reasons you would like the eclipse will stem more from the combined improvement over the alpine rather than the 2 you stated.with audio there is always more than meets the ear/eye and you have to find out with your mind. my best suggestion is explore your options FULLY and then pick...but it also boils down to $$$$

other factors are signal to noise ...stereo seperation.......there is alot but remember this .3% distortion by itself isnt audiable to a human ear its the combined effect equalling over 2% that we hear

ohok... well one of my favourite features of the CDA-9815 was that it had the DEFEAT option which disables MX and the EQ so it just had default sound.. the eq would probably make the songz i play sound better but it was too **** difficult and confusing to operate the eq... apparently the eclipse units have an ADVANCED and SIMPLE mode which will make my life ezier too.. i dunno.. i guess i want a simple head unit that puts out beautiful sound and still with the features of MP3 and the rest

ohok... well one of my favourite features of the CDA-9815 was that it had the DEFEAT option which disables MX and the EQ so it just had default sound.. the eq would probably make the songz i play sound better but it was too **** difficult and confusing to operate the eq... apparently the eclipse units have an ADVANCED and SIMPLE mode which will make my life ezier too.. i dunno.. i guess i want a simple head unit that puts out beautiful sound and still with the features of MP3 and the rest
You listen to your deck on defeat mode or with the mx and eq? I havent really played around with it but what i noticed is that the bass is almost nothing with the defeat on.

sheesh..this board still has no clue about sq.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

All the hu out today ****.....thats the cold truth... (yea naks.. and mcintoshes and even denons blow these days)

Companies abandoned making sq units a long time ago and focus on production costs....

What makes a good receiver is internal resistance and read distortion rates...

I still would rather run a new Eclipse unit than any other today if I had to no other choice but i do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You want to know the ultimate unit ever made...well thats easy... Eclipse ECD-416

Too bad its been out of production for almost a decade //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

As sq amps...nothing beats a pure A class combined with some knowledge and watercooling equipment ....(coughcoughppiartcoughcough) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

spyd3r = right.

And regarding the good amp against bad amp, the difference only occurs once the setup is done improperly. My Rival is a perfect example of this. His 2 amps? A Pyramid Gold Competition 600 watt amp, and a Viper 400.2. I've heard both attached to his subs, and mine in both his and my vehicles. The difference? Well, all I can tell you, since watts is watts, those extra 200 watts in the Viper must be a gift from God. It's the only way to explain the richer, deeper, louder, cleaner bass coming out of the Viper. My PA amp can hardly keep up, and I consider that a pretty nice amp.

As for class A amps... meh, I'd much rather take a class G, I'm almost certain at the same power output, distortion would be about the same. Plus there's no pesky water cooling system. Although, you could just use the car's frame as a heatsink....

i like decks that can go digital out and when you have an rta eqs are bad ass. so you guys are saying like the best deck ever was the alpine 7909? they guys that run those usually have modded them a great deal

7909 is the father of all sq decks and what what all sq decks are compared to by pros. They was a killer unit. I never hear anyone rave about eclipse and I hated them 6 years ago when we used to sell them. I myself still stick with old school decks, my fav besides the 7909 is the 7949, all copper chassis, underated 4v preout "5v clean" fiber optic out and not many features.. just hardcore sq only the way it should be.

i thought pioneer premier owned that roll as first true high proformance decks . i had an old one that was the first deck with 4 volt outputs lord i cant remember the model number lol was made like 90 or earlier like 89

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.