• Carbon Fiber Dustcap

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Poly Dustcap

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

*Ace*
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I'm about to build my second sub, but I'm stuck on which dustcap to use. I originally ordered the Carbon Fiber dustcap, but ended up getting the Poly dustcap as a freebie with an order I made. After placing it on the cone just to see what it looks like, I'm starting to wonder if the Poly dustcap actually looks better?

What do you guys think? Go with the Carbon Fiber dustcap, or the Poly dustcap?

IMG_1183_zpsc1181234.jpg

IMG_1184_zpsbba16d38.jpg

IMG_1186_zps16b23216.jpg

IMG_1185_zps39d40bb4.jpg

smaller poly cap so ya can show off more of the cone
I thought about a smaller dustcap but this particular cone has an indentation in it just for the 7" dustcap and I didn't want people to see the indentation. I think I will go with the poly dustcap though.

Poly cap looks nice. Is that even a real solid cf cap? I like the contrast myself
Couldn't say if it's solid, it was purchased from ultra_audio on ebay

more info on the sub? Pics?
Uses an Elemental Designs Av.2 motor, 4 layer 3" copper round wire voice coil D2 with a 2.47" winding width, 8" soft progressive spider with stitched leads, red powder coated 12 spoke basket. Don't really have a lot of pics at the moment as I'm about to build it. I'll be making a separate build thread that will have lots of pics though.

Couldn't say if it's solid, it was purchased from ultra_audio on ebay

Uses an Elemental Designs Av.2 motor, 4 layer 3" copper round wire voice coil D2 with a 2.47" winding width, 8" soft progressive spider with stitched leads, red powder coated 12 spoke basket. Don't really have a lot of pics at the moment as I'm about to build it. I'll be making a separate build thread that will have lots of pics though.
Nice. Where did you get the cone?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...