Which dustcap looks better?

Which dustcap?

• Carbon Fiber Dustcap

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Poly Dustcap

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Just saw your ad. What happened?
Lol, frustration got to me. I had everything assembled and was giving it a final look over, when I found that the basket wasn't bolted down to the motor all the way in one corner. It only had like a 2-3mm gap between the motor and basket in this one spot and would probably work just fine, but I couldn't leave it like that and after all the hard work I put into I said **** it.

My guess is I didn't get all the gunk out of one of the bolt holes in the motor which kept me from tightening that bolt down all the way. Not sure how I didn't notice it earlier when attaching the basket.

Anyways if you build a custom sub, make sure you take your time and check every piece as you go along to avoid these very simple mistakes. Don't get so excited that you want to build it as quick as you can like I did lol. I'm building one last custom sub and then taking a break for a while to focus on my other hobbies and projects.

Here's a sneak peak......

IMG_1259_zpsa52a0c65.jpg

IMG_1262_zps2c62b8b9.jpg

IMG_1263_zpsf8e3eb04.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...