Which dummy resistors do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Closing the door makes the loose wire contact the metal and maybe its sitting on something, or sticks to the door till you close it a few times and then allows the amp to return to normal operations.

Closing the door makes the loose wire contact the metal and maybe its sitting on something, or sticks to the door till you close it a few times and then allows the amp to return to normal operations.
Fair points!

Would a short in one of them cause all four to stop working but allow the head unit and subwoofer to continue working fine?

As getting the door off will be a big job for someone inexperienced, what should I be looking out for if accomplished?

Yea, cause the HU and sub work independently of the internal speaker amp. If you can pull the panels off, look for any hacked wiring, should be easy to spot. From what i understand, the Focals should be plug n play with the stock wiring, but that doesnt mean someone didnt hack it up. They have made aftermarket to stock adapters for decades and people still hack them off when installing a radio these days.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.