Which Do I Connect My Amps Remote Wire To?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have two blue wires.... one comes from the headunit and the other comes from the adapter harness.

The one coming from red adapter harness is on the left (Bottom in my hand) and the one coming from the headunit is on the right (top). Both Remote Amp wires, I just don't know what to do. Do I solder it to HU remote wire and leave the harness wire taped and alone? Or do I connect it to the adapter harness blue wire and leave the headunit wire alone? Or do I connect it to both the HU remote wire and the Adapter Harness wire, making a three wire solder connection?
6qWGdAP.jpg

I have an alpine that has two wires like this. The manual says one goes to the head and the other is to pass on to additional amplifiers. You may look up the manual, because one is a remote in, the other is a remote out. If the device has an in and out harness separately, or one is connected near/with the battery + and -, that may be your in. You could put juice on them one at the time and see which is the remote in without messing it up.

If your car has factory amplifiers then you need to connect the head unit's remote wire to the aftermarket harness and then connect the amp you're adding to the aftermarket harness as well. That way, the factory amp(s) will turn on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

heimsothe

heimsothe
Portland, OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
bbeljefe