Which configuration's best?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mamemba
10+ year member

I just got a great deal on two JBL 600.1 power valves, and two 12" MTX 8000 svc 4 ohm. My question is this. Is it better to hook the two 8000's in parallel and run one 600.1 at a 2ohm load? Or hook one 600.1 to each sub and run them at a 4 ohm load? Which would be the most effective?I know the amps would run cooler at 4ohm's.I am also planning on running two P180.2's for front and rear speakers. If i did decide to go with the latter of the two configurations how would I incorporate the fourth amp? Would appreciate any or all suggestions from anyone out there..Thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

it depends on how much money you want to spend and how much more wireing you want to do. ii would go 2 ohm load it wil put out almost as much wattage as 2 of them at 4 ohm loads, but you can always add one later.

most amps now have pass through pre amp outs just like there was an extra set on your hu, you would have to check out the fetures on the amp. and your going to need a distribution block fed with 2 gauge power wire.

I have a JBL 1200.1 and i run it at a 4ohm load and my amp never even comes close to being hot so it should handle the 2ohm load with no problem. I believe they are stable down to 1ohm. I would set it up with one amp at 2ohms. That would give you 300rms to each sub. check to see if that is what the subs call for RMS. if it is more than that you may have to use both amps to get the best sound.

i would try to wire the amp at 2 ohms and see what it sounds like first if you dont like it then try runnin two of them. the jbl amps are supposed to be 1ohm stable so i think that it would handle that 2 ohm just fine. im goin to be runnin the 1200.1 at 1.3 ohms so i think that it should be just fine. hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice you guy's. I"m going to try hooking up one into 2 ohm's as suggested and see how that sounds first..I'd rather have just one 1200.1 power valve like a couple of you have but the deal was on two 600.1's..oh well..also the amps have no pre -outs so I guess I can't daisy chain them together..My HU has three pre-out's but how could I add the fourth amp if needed? I'll also be wiring up with 2 gauge as suggested..Thanks to those who replied!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif :cool: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.