Which brands produce a nice sound quality sub?

It's going to be my first sound quality set-up, and I hope it turns out pretty good.
Audiofrog GB12 is the best sounding sub i've ever heard. SSA and Sundown sound like muddy SPL subs in comparison

If you want sacrifice a little bit of SQ for some more output then Adire Audio Brahma and IDMax aren't bad options either

It's going to be my first sound quality set-up, and I hope it turns out pretty good. I'm going to start by getting subs and a amp. Do you all have any suggestions at which brands I should be looking at?
For actual proper SQ (which most people confuse with SPL brands that can sound ok with good tuning) your looking at brands like mosconi, audison, morel, zapco, hertz, audiofrog.....ect

A huge component of SQ is using a DSP for tuning and runnning the door speakers active (don't use the stock crossover boxes)

Last edited:
I know you said you where kind of limited to 10's, but these Stereo Integrity 12's are said to be designed for high quality output in small enclosures. Also, the QTS of these subs suggest they perform better in sealed applications and the manufacturer specs only call for 1 cube per sub.
It doesn't come in a 10 though, only draw back

Is the SSA Icon a decent upgrade from the American Bass XFL?

Edit: disregard this question. Now I'm looking into Audiofrog, Stereo integrity, adire, and ID max. Thanks for suggestions guys. I feel like I'm on the right track now.

Last edited:
Audiofrog GB12 is the best sounding sub i've ever heard. SSA and Sundown sound like muddy SPL subs in comparison

If you want sacrifice a little bit of SQ for some more output then Adire Audio Brahma and IDMax aren't bad options either

For actual proper SQ (which most people confuse with SPL brands that can sound ok with good tuning) your looking at brands like mosconi, audison, morel, zapco, hertz, audiofrog.....ect

A huge component of SQ is using a DSP for tuning and runnning the door speakers active (don't use the stock crossover boxes)

Thank you for the info. Now I have a better idea of what to look at. Thanks!

I've always wondered how one defines a SQ sub. A sub's job is to play low notes. It's not like a speaker where you expect words to be clean and clear. Honest question really.

Note: Normally, I'd be worried about thread-jacking, but I can't hold a candle to the pickle talk.

I know you said you where kind of limited to 10's, but these Stereo Integrity 12's are said to be designed for high quality output in small enclosures. Also, the QTS of these subs suggest they perform better in sealed applications and the manufacturer specs only call for 1 cube per sub.
It doesn't come in a 10 though, only draw back

Thanks man, I knew I was over looking some great options. Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.