My friend is selling his system. Should I buy or nah.

Thanks guys. I'm going to pass on the subs. I'm going back to my original plan of 2 12 Fi Q's, or ssa icons. Would the smart 3 push either of those subs properly, or do I need to pass on the amp as well?

I'm have to do 1.15 cu per sub. I thought that limited me to sealed, and I like Fi Q's or ssa icons for subs. Is this a bad idea?
Id personally rather do a single 12 ported then 2x12s sealed. Much better options.

Your obsessing too much over running high watt amps and high RMS SPL subs. Your driving a small mustang, you don't need all of this SPL crap for a daily driver. A single 12 in a good ported box on good electrical will rattle your entire car and completely drain out your front speakers.

Last edited:
Those FI Qs will sound very nice in a sealed box. I’ve never heard the ssa subs myself, but they should be fine also from what I’ve read. The FI Q is one of my favorite sounding subs I’ve heard in a sealed setup. I did a box for a guys girlfriend with a single FI Q sealed in her trunk, and he came back 2 months later and had me do a box for his car with the same sub. Blew his kicker out of the water.

I would agree with the single 12 ported also personally, but 2 FI Qs sealed would be nice If you can power them adequately. I always go ported myself in the daily driver due to efficiency and not wanting to upgrade on power for just listening to music.

Those FI Qs will sound very nice in a sealed box
There not bad for a SPL brand but they won't compete with subs that are actually designed to run sealed SQ wise and those options will require way less power to get moving as well.

I've always been a fan buying subs that specifically meet your application vs well these subs with a ton of work could probably meet your needs.

Last edited:
There not bad for a SPL brand but they won't compete with subs that are actually designed to run sealed SQ wise and those options will require way less power to get moving as well.
I can agree. I would personally do 1 of those ported over 2 of them sealed personally. I did like how it sounded sealed once the customer hamstringed me into building what he wanted, but when I ran it through my software, I would’ve ran it ported in my car. He wanted it sealed, so I put it in 1 cube with a double baffle and braced all to h3ll and back. I really wanted to hear it ported, but unfortunately, never have. i did like the sound though in the sealed box, I won’t lie, but I do agree with you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.