Which amp should I use and what kind of elec upgrade do I need for it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ksan
10+ year member

Dodge HEMI
I found a used Incriminator 10.1 at a heck of a price so I bought it, now I am wondering is it better than my Image Dynamics 1200.1? Out of those two amps which would you guys say is better IA 10.1 or ID 1200.1? Also I have a 140 amp alt, one yellow top optima battery under the hood and the big 3 done with 1/0 Ga Knu, what kind of electrical upgrade would I need to get the most from the amp? Thank you for your time and help.

- If the ID is a solid amp (never tested one) then it should be a close match up. Quality power is just that.....Let us know which you liked when you get done.

Thanks very much for the help Guys. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the price difference of the two amps that I own. I know the Incriminator is said to be a fantastic amp but the price difference between the two is very large. The Image Dynamics is a Class A/B board and cost $800 while the Incriminator is a Class D and cost $380, I bought the Incriminator for $100 though, I thought I got a great Deal on it. the subwoofers I own right now are Two American Bass XFL 1544, Two Sundown E-series 15" 2-ohm subwoofers, two IDQ 12" D4 that are blown and one Sundown SA15 D4 that is blown. I was thinking about buying one more IA 10.1 and strapping them to the two XFL's or buying one more 2-ohm Sundown E-series and running three of those to a single IA 10.1 at 1.33 Ohm's. I just do not know which way would be the best way to go?

If I strap two IA 10.1 together then I will need to upgrade a lot of the electrical. I just do not know if it would be a large improvement over say the three SunDown E-series running on one IA 10.1

The IA10.1 amps are stout to say the least. I have had one of them wired to a 0.5 ohm load to 4 sd-2 8s. Not a single problem. I had two IA10.1s "mirrored" to 6 sd-2 8s (each amp saw 1.33 ohms) without a single problem. Granted I had the electrical to power the equipment but as far as a 12volt system is concerned I never had to turn the bass knob or gain down (all settings were adjusted with a dd1+ and cc1). I can't speak for the ID but the IA amps are quality if they are in proper working order. You got it used so there's no telling what the amp has been through. The "mirror" feature on the IA amps is awesome. The only caveat is when you mirror the IA10.1 the "mirror/slave" amp has to be wired in reversed phase.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.