Which amp set-up for all JL system?

MCarbonaro
10+ year member

New York
I'm looking to install 5.25" C2-525 components in the front, 6"x9" C2-690tx in the back, and a CP112W0v2 single 12" ported sub in the trunk. Wiring these would be a piece of cake if they were to be wired with the XD700/5, but I fear with the sub being 300W and the XD's sub port only exibiting 180W RMS I'd be losing out on some of the speaker's potential. The other option I was thinking of is to install a JX360/4 for the speakers and a JX500/1 for the sub. While the two amps are about $100 cheaper than the 700/5, the additional wires, dist. block, etc. pretty much removes cost from the issue for me.

Would I be better off with the 700/5; powering the 300W sub at 180W, or should I get the two amp set-up, allowing for about 40W of headroom? With these two options, pricing and install difficulty are not concerns of mine, I'm more concerned with which set-up will allow my system to function at its full potential.

The 700/5 should run the sub fine, unless you are trying to be heard from 2the blocks away then you have the wrong sub to begin with. I just ran 6.5 C5's and 65x7 C2's in my car this saturday. I went with the 900/5 so i could use one amp and hide it. If you are looking SQ then the set up is good. I dont know anything about the sub other than what you nentioned but it looks like the 700/5 will work.

The 700/5 should run the sub fine, unless you are trying to be heard from 2the blocks away then you have the wrong sub to begin with. I just ran 6.5 C5's and 65x7 C2's in my car this saturday. I went with the 900/5 so i could use one amp and hide it. If you are looking SQ then the set up is good. I dont know anything about the sub other than what you nentioned but it looks like the 700/5 will work.
Okay cool thanks, any other opinions?

You don't have to worry about the 700/5 with a W0... it will be completely fine. JL amps are underrated and IMO you're definitely going to be getting plenty out of the sub... especially seeing as, I'm assuming, SQ is what you're after.

Yeah i'm looking more for SQ than tremendous volume; driving a '95 corolla I don't have an extremely large cabin either. Thanks for the advice guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.