Which 15s would you use on 5k rms in a 4th order?

germanyt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Curious to know your thoughts on sub selection. I can't really start my build until I build my house so it's gonna me months. As of now I have no place to work so the garage in the new house will be it. I've been leanign toward 3500 watts on a single 15 in the cargo area. Most likely an SSA Evil or DC lvl5. Now I'm thinking that other than money there is no reason why I can't or shouldn't just wall off the focus at the b pillar and build a 4th order. I dunno. I always take forever making decisions because I hate to start something and wish I had done different or more.

I'm thinking something like this.

scionmidbuild.jpg

I'm a form as well as function guy so we're talking carpet/vinyl, meticulously organized wiring, plexi w/ leds, etc.

Make sure you block off the sides. But if just one sub at 5k. Then b2 x2c ascendant team the new ampere 4.0 or the lvl 5 But there's way more yes the ssa evil. Crossfire xsv2 or you could just get a custom built

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you stalk off the sides. But if just one sub at 5k. Then b2 x2c ascendant team the new ampere 4.0 or the lvl 5 But there's way more yes the ssa evil. Crossfire xsv2 or you could just get a custom built
They have a 4.0???

I'd use something for which I can buy softparts for a good price.
Good point.

'

I'm thinking 2 drivers instead of just the one. I'd have room for for that and have no interest more than that simply because of power. If I use a 5k then I can run 2 subs that aren't quite as powerful as the Evils but will still wang. I'd like an air mover. Should I focus on the higher xmax drivers for that reason or is it really more install dependent? Also, most of these high powered 3 and 4 inch coils seem to have relatively low qts. How important is that measurement to 4th order application?

FB Audio 3000 series.

Their EBP value is perfect.

Recones are also decent price as well.

FB Audio makes their own coils, formers, cones, dustcaps and now their own spiders.

They are coming very soon to the USA.

You want to see what one is like, see this video-

Might catch crap for this but the soundqubed HDC3 15 or HDC4 15 might be nice I know my HDS215 is loud and moves good air even on a ****** pyramid amp

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Might catch crap for this but the HDC3 15 might be nice I know my HDS215 is loud and moves good air even on a ****** pyramid amp
HDC3s are not designed for 4th order enclosures.

But then again.. he could be being technical..

A ported enclosure is a 4th order and that picture above is not a bandpass.. so, i dont know.

Might catch crap for this but the soundqubed HDC3 15 or HDC4 15 might be nice I know my HDS215 is loud and moves good air even on a ****** pyramid amp
single 15, hdc315 will die at 2500w RMS fast, and also start to bottom out afaik. if you're talking 5k RMS daily on one woofer you better be looking at 4 inch 8 layer coils or that 5 inch coil beast.

if you can get the proper airspace for 2 15s then do it. you'll get way better efficiency out of 2 3 inch coil 15s than one big 15 imo

single 15, hdc315 will die at 2500w RMS fast, and also start to bottom out afaik. if you're talking 5k RMS daily on one woofer you better be looking at 4 inch 8 layer coils or that 5 inch coil beast.
if you can get the proper airspace for 2 15s then do it. you'll get way better efficiency out of 2 3 inch coil 15s than one big 15 imo
I'm pretty sure he did say he wanted to run 2

But then again.. he could be being technical..
A ported enclosure is a 4th order and that picture above is not a bandpass.. so, i dont know.

No I meant a 4th BP. I just wanna set it up like the picture. With the subs visible and the port at the top. rather than the traditional baffle in the back and loading wall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.