04 Neon SXT frnt door speakers....

Participant count
  • Participant list

des343
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
This is a pretty common car so hoping someone has some experience with it lol.anyways the front door speakers are 6.5 but have like basically a factory conversion bracket to mount the speaker. It looks like if I removed the bracket piece I may be able to put in an 8 inch speaker or mid woofer in the door....anyone have any info on if it's possible or not Google isnt help much.

https://www.google.com/search?q=can+8+inch+speakers+fit+an+04+neon+sxt&safe=off&client=ms-android-att-us&biw=360&bih=290&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjc5qb71M3JAhXurIMKHUzRBRsQ_AUIBygC#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=04+dodge+neon+inside+door+speaker&imgrc=i5lcUy_L_XUEdM%3A

The link shows a diagram of my door so you can see what I'm talking about

Try it? More than likely its just a baffel to help the factory door speakers produce more mid bass

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Try it? More than likely its just a baffel to help the factory door speakers produce more mid bass
Just don't want to purchase something and Have it not work.I'm pretty surprised no one has more info or input?

Thanks for your response

Just don't want to purchase something and Have it not work.I'm pretty surprised no one has more info or input?Thanks for your response
Best way to tell would be to pull off the factory speaker and baffle and measure the cut out

I have an 05 Neon. You will lose ALOT of mounting depth if you remove the plastic bracket. My Infinity 6.5"s fit fine with the bracket but I had to add a 3/8" mdf ring on top of that bracket to give my new Dayton 6.5s enough depth to fit without hitting the window when it was down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

des343

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
des343
Kalamazoo, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date