Where to install crossovers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Disarmer
10+ year member

Mexia
Is it generally better to install crossovers near the speakers or near the amp?

My amplifier is on the far back wall of my car (Trans Am) and the crossovers are for the front doors. Does it make a difference, or can I just mount them anywhere? (I'd rather mount near the amp as the crossovers look pretty good and would be a nice addition to my amp rack)

Thanks

Most people will say it's best to mount them as close to the speakers as possible, but I've never noticed a difference. I've put crossovers in & on doors, in glove boxes, under front seats and all the way back in the trunk. It's never made a bit of difference.

what year car is it i wouldn't always recomend putting crossovers in the doors if you can avoid it. Moisture is a common enemy and can cause corosion and rust sometimes ruining your crossovers. my doors are sealed very well and i still wont put them there. as far a sound i have never noticed a difference were you put the crossovers

Sorry guys I'm not used to forums where you can thank people via a button

Done now! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/applause.gif.bb805d8088f72dbc2fe808c29e85fb4c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.