Where to find a remote wire for my amp?

PR1M3R
10+ year member

So I got a new car and will be using the stock head unit. Unfortunately there is no remote wire. I have never installed a system without replacing the HU so I have no clue where to find a good remote wire for my amp.

Any help?

The car is a 2001 Dodge stratus coupe

Use the fuse for any accessory that only has power with the key in acc or on. Sunroof, windows, wipers are common one. Just don't use stuff like headlight. Fuse box is usually a no no because people don't do it correctly. Get an add-a-fuse from a parts store and tap in that way, don't just wrap the wire around the fuse itself or something else sloppy like that.

You can also take the factory radio out and tap into your acc. wire for the factory wiring it's not that hard to do, All you need is a DMM or even a light tester for power. Good luck

You can also take the factory radio out and tap into your acc. wire for the factory wiring it's not that hard to do, All you need is a DMM or even a light tester for power. Good luck
Some cars don't have a standard accessory for the radio and use data to turn on/off.

When there's no aftermarket radio I always go straight to the accessory in the ignition harness.

Ignition wire harness. Don't mess the fuse box area and ghetto your car. Some people give advice based solely on what they hear and no first hand experience.

Just find a wiring schematic online, for your vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.