10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Clemson, SC
ok guys well here goes,

This is what i have,

Asterick marked are ones im still in the process of

Pioneer AVIC-F90BT Nav Unit

2 Jl 300/2 amps

* 2 pair of JL ZR 6.5's or Image Dynamics XS 6.5's (both components, going for SQ and something that GETS LOUDDDD, personally heard the JL ZR's and like them, Never heard the ID's but read there great as well)

* 3 Fi Q 12's

* either 3 memphis pr 1.1000's or 1 Sundown 3,000D(not sure the best SQ way to go yet)

Anyway this setup seems like it will be to my likings, i had the Q 18 running off a pr 1.000 back in the day in my SUV but now im working with a Car and havent had anything with same SQ and performance since)

As far as my questions goes, what should i do for power? Add another battery? or Just a new H/O alt? or both? or Both plus another battery?

I had planned to have 1 run of 0 awg then use one of the cable splitter things and split it off into 3 ways each 4 awg for the 3 different memphis amps, now if i did the sundown amp i wouldnt have to do all that and just run the 0 awg to the 3000D itself. Also adding the to the 0awg i would have 1 run of 4 awg separate from the 0 and then splice it off into 2 4 awg's for the 300/2's. i was hoping to do this with just a alt upgrade and maybe a battery upgrade and keep it to only 1 batt if possible, let me know what you think, this is going in a Lexus IS300

Fi Q is SQ/SQL. And it does sound good.

Go H/O alt. And get something hefty under the hood for a battery. Not sure what those Lexus come with stock for batts.

If you find that you need another batt after that, then get one then. But seeing as it seems, you don't want one, don't get one unless you need it.

Upgrade all your wires (Big 3).

The alt will be the biggest addition unless you plan on a lot of play time with the car off. Otherwise, the power will come from the alt and the batt's will just compensate when the alt can't produce enough power quickly enough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.