When to start worrying?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Charbel Bernaba

CarAudio.com Recruit
 I installed today my second amplifier the jlxd600 watts and i originally had the xd400 4 channel amplifier for my door speakers. Im running on stock alternator which is 100 amp. I checked my voltaged and it dropped from 14.6 to 13.4 and it stayed there. Is this normal? or it's time for a big alternator?

Nope. I can drop to mid 11s if I try with 6 batteries and an HO alt. Car has been 100% reliable for 8 years of beating on the electrical system.
Somebody here recommended me the stinger voltemeter. i just order it. ill get it installed when it arrives. but i heard theres 1 problem with those voltemeters they are not fast to catch a voltage drop

The Stingers work fine.

stinger2.jpg

Your using your alternator. If you drop below battery resting voltage (12.5 ish) you are then using the battery and your alternator isn't keeping up.
The only problem im facing right now. Is i need somebody to install the stringer voltmeter when it gets here. i know it's easy but im that stupid when it comes to cars and electronics

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.