When to start worrying?

Participant count
  • Participant list
its alternator power, you are completely fine.
The last time it was 13.4 that was according to my installer. Mind you i don't trust any installer at any sort. They want money by the end of the day. Im gonna get that stinger voltage monitor and keep on monitoring it. One more question is the jw w0 300 watt each i have supposed to be loud? after i put the second xd600 watt amplifier today by jl i felt they are truly loud that i had to turn the bass down with the bass remote. Is that normal?

The last time it was 13.4 that was according to my installer. Mind you i don't trust any installer at any sort. They want money by the end of the day. Im gonna get that stinger voltage monitor and keep on monitoring it. One more question is the jw w0 300 watt each i have supposed to be loud? after i put the second xd600 watt amplifier today by jl i felt they are truly loud that i had to turn the bass down with the bass remote. Is that normal?
subs in a car should get loud in general its better to have too much and turn it down keeping it nice and cool vs not enough loudness you blow your **** trying to redline your gear. Get the voltmeter in, literally just run spare speaker wire to the positive, remove and ground of your sub amp. You can definitely do it yourself.  

subs in a car should get loud in general its better to have too much and turn it down keeping it nice and cool vs not enough loudness you blow your **** trying to redline your gear. Get the voltmeter in, literally just run spare speaker wire to the positive, remove and ground of your sub amp. You can definitely do it yourself.  
so i have to remove the radio to install it? and what do you mean remove and groud of your sub amp? should i ground it where my sub and amp are grounded?

so i have to remove the radio to install it? and what do you mean remove and groud of your sub amp? should i ground it where my sub and amp are grounded?
oops i meant remote* typo.   You dont need to do anything to the radio, you just go to your sub amp, theres power(+12VDC), ground and remove, add speaker wire connections from there to your voltmeter.  Its literally positive wire, negative wire and remote turn on wire... cant be any more simple than that.

xd300-1v2__1__90516.1518134254.jpg

oops i meant remote* typo.   You dont need to do anything to the radio, you just go to your sub amp, theres power(+12VDC), ground and remove, add speaker wire connections from there to your voltmeter.  Its literally positive wire, negative wire and remote turn on wire... cant be any more simple than that.

the voletemeter has to be connected to the amp or the battery? what its going to monitor?

you can do battery or amp but its better to do it by the amp because all the connections are there and you get to see the voltages the amp sees which is important in keeping your amp and sub's health in check.
but how im gonna know if my battery voltage is dropping?

get creative. you can put it anywhere thats convenient for you to look at and install. Just gotta use your head for this one bud.
i have 2 amps. if i connect it to my subwoofer amp will it be the same for the other amp? or can the other amp be seeing other voltages? becauze i have 4 channel.amp and the other amplifier is for the sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.