What's your HPF set at??

Yes.

But the saving grace is, the Focal crossover probably protects the woofer and has your "real" HPF (signal to the midrange) somewhere around 100hz. No reason to go under 80hz if you actually are full active, it wont help your response @50hz or whatever you think you're going for.

I set mine at 220hz when I ran 4way with 8" mids also, and set at 80hz in the head unit but also run passive with my CDT 560 xover.

Buy a better 4chan amp, your components will thank you. JL amps are not "going big" IMO.

Ab out 70 HZ seems to be my 'sweet spot'. Any higher than that and I don't get a firm up front 'kick' I like to cap off my deep bass tones. Any lower and I get a frequency response peak in the 50-80 HZ region that causes really, sloppy booming resonance if I play anything that has alot going on in this range, not to mention I loose undistorted volume.

Buy a better 4chan amp, your components will thank you. JL amps are not "going big" IMO.
"Going big" is a subjective term. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yes.
But the saving grace is, the Focal crossover probably protects the woofer and has your "real" HPF (signal to the midrange) somewhere around 100hz. No reason to go under 80hz if you actually are full active, it wont help your response @50hz or whatever you think you're going for.

I set mine at 220hz when I ran 4way with 8" mids also, and set at 80hz in the head unit but also run passive with my CDT 560 xover.

wat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.